Notifications
Clear all

Your Being Lied To By Perfect Skin Photoshopped Youtube Celebrities

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/24/2017 10:11 am

Wanted to share...

While this isn't scar related I think it's a important reminder. Many times posters compare themselves to those with "perfect skin." Society sells us the fact we must be Photoshop perfect. Watch this video and see how extra coats of makeup and a filter make you faux flawless. There is nothing wrong with males and females wearing makeup to cover imperfections and gain some self confidence and be able to live their lives. Often times as Acne scar suffers we are very hard on ourselves comparing to others with a form of BDD / acne dysmorphia we expect nothing less than perfection. This is where therapy helps weather face to face (cheaper at colleges even if you do not goto one, or talkspace a smartphone app where you can talk to a therapist even without leaving your house). No one is flawless!

These are the ideals people hold themselves to, be inspired just as you are.

[Edited link out]

QuanHenry and kat22 liked
MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 03/24/2017 2:28 pm

I am not being lied to when I step outside for a walk and 99.5% of the population has seemingly normal skin.

At my age even more-so, the average person has skin-tight, clear, unscathed skin (as they should) and In fact I was one of those people before fate struckand obliterated my physical being like nothing else.