Notifications
Clear all

I don't know how to get rid of this hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@anna31899)

Posted : 03/23/2017 1:26 pm

So I've had acne for a while but bp cleared most of it up. I have some active spots left but now I have a bunch of big pores on my nose and cheeks and my skin gets very oily. I also have a lot of clogged pores which made my skin all bumpy and a ton of red marks left from past pimples and they take forever to go away and face is all red and splotchy.  I don't know what to do. Can someone give me any tips. I've attached a few photos 

IMG_5914.JPG

IMG_5915.JPG

IMG_5917.JPG

IMG_5913.JPG

MemberMember
(@zerec)

Posted : 03/23/2017 6:23 pm

They says PIH takes approximately 2 years to fade. naturally.
Alternatively, I believe some topical product could speed it up by increasing cell turnover rate.
Or, Intense Pulsed Light sort of treatment.

Just do some googling and visit a dermatologist anyway, I'm not a certified individual to offer you constructive advice.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 03/24/2017 4:57 am

- use sunscreen. helps prevent sun damage and existing acne marks from getting darker.
- BP cream can make these marks stay around longer.

anna31899 liked
MemberMember
(@residentevil)

Posted : 04/18/2017 5:19 pm

There are a lot of options available for getting rid of PIH, but the most potent ones that have worked for me are:
Facial peels (glycolic acid, TCA peels, other various acids)
Microdermabrasion, which involves a diamond tipped tool that gets ran across the skin and sheds off skin cells.
Laser therapies offered at the dermatologists office.

Most of these options are very expensive, so I'd recommend doing some research and investing in a chemical facial peel that you can use every few weeks or getting an at home microdermabrasion kit. When I went to my esthetician I got microdermabrasion sessions which cost a few hundred dollars but my marks surely were gone after a while. Your marks aren't bad so they should disappear in a few months. Always make sure to wear sunscreen so they don't get darker! It's a must!