Notifications
Clear all

Is there a correlation long waiting room times and quality of care?

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 03/23/2017 12:32 pm

I always dread really long wait times in an over-crowded waiting room and then waiting for the doctor in check-room for another 20 minutes. Not the end of the world but kind of like going to DMV or something. I've also once went to a doctor that had no wait-times and a policy of never over-booking.

So I want to know people's opinions: Does a doctor that over-books and make you wait a sign of his/her poor ability/treatmentsand/or bedside manner?

Thanks...

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/23/2017 11:30 pm

No, ... doctors can have a packed waiting room because they are liked, take everyone and anyone, have a over burned practice, or have to pay their staff, building costs, and ultitlies. It's all really costly. IT seems the most popular doctors have huge wait times for appointments, do speaking engagement and become famous. I think what is most important is the quality of care you receive, the cost they charge for that care, bedside manner, if they are accessible for emergencies and follow up, if they genuinely care or are just selling quick services. 15 minutes of a derms time can be 150 to $500 fee. I have also found doctors who take you right away can be quite bad unless you pay extra for service.

guppy45 liked
MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 03/28/2017 12:49 pm

^^Interesting. Thanks.