Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndrewRyan

Cyst Acne bleeding

Hello all,

Recently I visited my dermatologist for advice on my cyst acne, which leaves indented scars. I was given 'Lymecycline capsules' and 'Epiduo'. I tried talking scar removal but the doctor wanted to focus on the acne and suggested laser removal down later down the road. Being a member on this forum, I received great help and have my own scar removal plan. I thought it was interesting how she was against TCA but was into the idea of laser removal. To my knowledge the do the same thing. 

After a few days, I found a massive lump of cyst acne on my hairline. Very pain, even to speak or move my face. I was very careful and applied Epiduo. I was shocked when my face started to peel because I wasn't told this was basically retin a cream, as I haven't been wearing sunscreen. 

Below is the picture. I know it's not clear but its very large and has gone a very dark color from bleeding, I assume. What you don't see is the cyst going further into my hairline.

Depressed as I don't want it to scar and take my hair with it. 

My scar plan to remove indented scars if anyone is interested is changing up from derma rolling to TCA peels every 4 weeks. People on this forum have been lovely with their advice. 

IMG_1604.JPG

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes