Notifications
Clear all

What happened to my face??

MemberMember
(@madcrow)

Posted : 03/22/2017 8:26 pm

Felt my chin was a bit itchy one day and notice something white that I thought looked like dry flaky skin but when I woke up it turned into this. This is the first time something like this has ever happened. Help????

IMG_4709.JPG

MemberMember
(@fineshrine)

Posted : 03/22/2017 10:21 pm

Have you changed facial cleansers lately or have a diet change? Did you pop a white head the day prior?

The flakey thing almost sounds like it could be fungal acne, but I'm not sure it would cause so many white heads.

MemberMember
(@savandstuff)

Posted : 03/23/2017 10:10 am

I can't say I know what's happening, but I wanted to reach out just to show my support. Whiteheads used to have such an emotional toll on me. Know you're not alone.

MemberMember
(@jlopez)

Posted : 03/23/2017 10:58 am

I'm not a doctor, but this looks like seborrheic dermatitis or folliculitis - it might be worth doing some reading into these conditions.

It appearing over night like that is quite unusual though. You should really see a dermatologist. In the mean time - I'm a big advocate for natural solutions where possible - I think applying some raw honey to the affected area as a mask and leaving it on for as long as possible (anything from 1-5 hours) should really calm down the irritation and act as a mild antibiotic.

Good luck! Hope it clears up soon.

MemberMember
(@mckennabruyette)

Posted : 11/30/2022 3:40 pm

My face looks like this right now, happened overnight. Did you ever find a cure?