Notifications
Clear all

How to treat these scars? Pictures

MemberMember
(@veenax)

Posted : 03/22/2017 1:25 pm

I was on accutane for 2 months but was taken off because my liver level was high. Anyways I was told to wait 3 months but after the 3 months what treatment can I use to treat these spots/scars? Best solution?

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

MemberMember
(@jennieb)

Posted : 03/22/2017 8:25 pm

I would definitely see a dermatologist so a professional can give you the best product. I have a lot of scaring also and one burn scar also and a Dr gave me a skin lightning cream to lighten the scar area and it's working!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/23/2017 12:31 am

This is a common question these are not scars, please checkout the treatments we have here for hyperpigmentation. If you press on them and they go away they are PIE, and if they stay PIH.

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

MemberMember
(@veenax)

Posted : 03/23/2017 2:54 pm

My doctor recommendedTretinoin, and my insurance doesnt cover it, comes out to $100. Is it worth it?

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/23/2017 10:38 pm

Ummm...only time heals redness. Sorry!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/24/2017 12:08 am

It's either that or laser which is $300 plus per treatment, V-beam / Vascular laser.

You can get cheaper retin a, tretinoin, or retnoid, they are on Ebay and Amazon cheaper and you can get some generic creams with this ingredient in it. Search for those.

MemberMember
(@veenax)

Posted : 03/25/2017 7:43 pm

On 3/24/2017 at 1:08 AM, beautifulambition said:

It's either that or laser which is $300 plus per treatment, V-beam / Vascular laser.

You can get cheaper retin a, tretinoin, or retnoid, they are on Ebay and Amazon cheaper and you can get some generic creams with this ingredient in it. Search for those.

But do you know if Tretnoin helps with my red spots?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/26/2017 4:59 am

I offered you two solutions. Tretinoin / Retin A/ Isotex/ Retinoid (just different names for the same thing) to offer you higher cell turn over as the body heals itself. Many use that cream nightly to have the skin make new layers.

Laser (Vbeam Quadrostar pro, excel) and IPL are ideal for cases like this, but it sounds like you don't want to go in that direction for you pigment issue.

If you press on them and they turn white it's PIE, and PIH if they stay.

We have all sorts of treatments here if you do not like the two that I gave and want to try something else first.

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

MemberMember
(@alinnsmith9)

Posted : 03/29/2017 5:42 am

Well, if you have been looking for a proper solution to fight back acne for long, and are now tired of trying all those expensive cosmetic range, you need to learn about dermarolling. Microneedle roller helps fighting acne scars and other types of non-keloidal scars.