Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all, I am kind of facing a mini dilemma here. Well lets start with my appearance. I am an 18 year old black girl with acne scars and acne, and I have a few questions. I use neutrogena products, so in the morning, I wash my face with neutrogena's acne cleanser, which has .5% of salicylic acid in it. Then, I put on neutrogena's acne control lotion which has 2.5% BP ONLY on my acne. After that, I put on Neutrogena's oil free moisturizer which is basically a suncreen that is non-comedogenic. It stings my face when I put it on, but my mom says that means that its working lol. At night, I put on the retinol my doctor gave me which only has 0.025%. I have been doing this procedure for about two months and I am STILL GETTING ACNE, but not as much as before. In addition to that, when my acne goes away, it leaves a dark mark on my face! And no, I don't EVER pick my skin? Do I need to up the dosage of my products or what?

11 hours ago, Thekittymix said:

No help..?

so your using 4 products and i assume your using a few of these products more than once(?)

unfortunately the use of some acne products can cause irritation and... sometimes resulting in spots.

if i was you, i would probably ditch the neutrogena products, use a very mild, sls free soap (only wash your face 1-2 times a day, max) and just stick with what the doctor gave you.  try that for 1 or 2 weeks and see how you get on.

Edited by MrBakery

15 hours ago, MrBakery said:

so your using 4 products and i assume your using a few of these products more than once(?)

unfortunately the use of some acne products can cause irritation and... sometimes resulting in spots.

if i was you, i would probably ditch the neutrogena products, use a very mild, sls free soap (only wash your face 1-2 times a day, max) and just stick with what the doctor gave you.  try that for 1 or 2 weeks and see how you get on.

thanks. So ditch salycic acid and bp?

21 hours ago, Thekittymix said:
On 3/25/2017 at 1:03 PM, MrBakery said:

thanks. So ditch salycic acid and bp?

if it was me, yes.

its just a good way of making sure those products are not causing you problems.