Notifications
Clear all

Do facials get rid of closed comedones?

MemberMember
(@sonesful)

Posted : 03/21/2017 3:19 am

I'm getting a facial next week where they'll be assessing my face and doing extractions. I have these under the skin bumps only on my right cheek along my cheekbone towards my nose, they don't go up to my temple or down to my chin, they're just in that area. So I'm thinking this isn't hormonal or anything, so once I get the facial I'm hoping it'll get rid of them for good. I also don't have any acne anywhere else on my face, my face is clear except for that one area. 

I'm sick of seeing all these depressing posts about how this sort of acne is stubborn, takes months to go away, people having it for YEARS etc. I'm just hoping at least one person here has done a facial which has gotten rid of the closed comedones/whiteheads/bumps. Anyone? :D 

MemberMember
(@a-nonexistent)

Posted : 03/22/2017 2:54 am

u told few days ago u got rid of those close comedones by using bp 5% gel. now what happen?! r they came back  or they didn't go actually by using bp? ||

MemberMember
(@acne-bee-gone)

Posted : 03/27/2017 9:35 am

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/28/2017 2:53 am

salycilic acid and bp work for closed comedones, takes time, but they work.
salycilic acid peels are very good
i dont recommend extractions, they can cause scarring

MemberMember
(@nathan_np)

Posted : 03/30/2017 7:23 am

+ 1 for salicylic acid and glycolic acid. No for extractions. Plus I have heard so many horror stories of beauticians mangling young girls' faces whilst doing extractions. Not putting them all in the same boat, just wouldn't trust them myself.

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/01/2017 3:17 am

Ohh I needed the same thing as I get those pimples on my back. I use the La Roche-Posay Effaclar wash and the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (its a moisturiser but it works soooo well on comedones!) Ive only been using it for 12 days now (and yes it does burn so id recommend blending it with something very gentle like cetaphil moisturiser until your skin can tolerate it) and my skin is definitely smoother! After years of searching, my derm recommend this and presto! It works!

IMG_1867.jpg