Notifications
Clear all

*pics* any hope for horrific acne scarring?

MemberMember
(@scarfaceforlife)

Posted : 03/21/2017 12:42 am

scar2.jpgscar1.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarfaceforlife)

Posted : 03/21/2017 1:30 am

Im looking for treatment suggestions. And also what types of scars i got, these are the results 1 year after accutane.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/21/2017 2:32 am

I know you think these are "horrific scars" they are not. You have a good neck, nose, lips, temples. forehead I cannot see. They are shallow and your fat is still intact.

You have shallow box cars, maybe a few rolling scars.

Do microneedling aka the derminator at derminator.com, most of us use that one or owndoc.com has dermastamps for the cheeks. Do spot tca acid peels on those cheeks. Get some subcision if you have anything tethered, you can tell by pulling the skin with your fingers and see if it looks better.

Another option is Retin A cream for higher cell turnover.

Checkout subcision, microneedling, and tca peel sections in my faq below (signature).

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 03/21/2017 3:05 am

BA, mine scars do look much better when i pull my skin with my fingers. Still i have the feeling they are tethered, when i use the suctionpump on them, they don't come up.

So with your post, im a bit confused...

MemberMember
(@scarfaceforlife)

Posted : 03/21/2017 5:21 am

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I know you think these are "horrific scars" they are not. You have a good neck, nose, lips, temples. forehead I cannot see. They are shallow and your fat is still intact.

You have shallow box cars, maybe a few rolling scars.

Do microneedling aka the derminator at derminator.com, most of us use that one or owndoc.com has dermastamps for the cheeks. Do spot tca acid peels on those cheeks. Get some subcision if you have anything tethered, you can tell by pulling the skin with your fingers and see if it looks better.

Another option is Retin A cream for higher cell turnover.

Checkout subcision, microneedling, and tca peel sections in my faq below (signature).

Thank you for the great reply, do u think that these scars are easily treated? i hear that ice pick scars are the ones that are hardest to fix, and i aint got a lot of those. What annoys me is that i look so different depending on the lights in the room/outside. I have no idea which light that gives the most accurate picture of my scars, how other people see them.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/21/2017 6:25 am

Nothing is easy per say but I see you getting some good improvement. you need to treat over a year, monthly microneedle, and tca peels alternating. Subcise anything that is deeper and tethered.
I don't see icepicks, I see boxcars and rolling. Icepicks are easier to fix with tca cross. Take a flashlight and make shadows to take a pic, ... This is a accurate depiction of your scarring.

@Noa27
I don't mean to confuse anyone. I was simply stating for this poster. If he can pull the scars that is a pit with his fingers apart (the ones that are tethered) and it looks better filler and or subcision works. It's just a check of how correction could look.

Suction does nothing for scars unless you get subcision done - cutting the tethers, it's a alternative to filler. It basically creates a pooling of blood aka bruise in that area and scar tissue in the pocket, filler is also used to help re-tethering after subcision and I like that much better. With extra shallow scars it's harder to get filler with subcision, just not enough filler to be useful or it would make a surface bump, hence why vacuuming is done sometimes.