Notifications
Clear all

Healing tips

MemberMember
(@sheldoncooperscouncilofladies)

Posted : 03/20/2017 7:00 pm

Hello pretty people
I have struggled with acne for few years now and finally my skin is starting to clear up but I started to get post acne red marks all over my cheeks. I was wondering if you had any advice on making the process of healing the red marks any quicker and more bearable. IMG_3319.JPGIMG_3320.JPG
-a hopeful person¤

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 03/20/2017 7:49 pm

33 minutes ago, SheldonCoopersCouncilOfLadies said:

Hello pretty people
I have struggled with acne for few years now and finally my skin is starting to clear up but I started to get post acne red marks all over my cheeks. I was wondering if you had any advice on making the process of healing the red marks any quicker and more bearable. IMG_3319.JPGIMG_3320.JPG
-a hopeful person¤

hi beautiful! 
so I'm in a little different situation but maybe i can help you out. I'm on accutane but I know how to deal with marks and inflammation pretty dang well at this point. First recommendation i would make is do not scrub at any areas where you still have acne. Even if its much less than you started with, the scrubbing motion can cause bacteria to spread if you have active acne. Don't scrub until after you're completely clear. Once you only have pure red marks, then i would incorporate an exfoliator slowly. But since I'm on actuate and need to be super gentle, I've found a process that exfoliates and removes dead skin without irritating my skin. What I do is just get a really warm cloth and do a hot compress for as long as you have time. Usually every four days I will soak it in warm salt water instead of just normal water and that helps dry anything active, and heal up anything and prevent bacteria spread..however this might sting a little if you have any raw spots. Warm soaks will loosen up dead skin and soothe revealing more even skin without spreading bacteria....ever since i started soaking vs. scrubbing I've seen a big improvement especially in irritation, rawness, and redness and my tone has become much more even. You will probably look like a tomato after a warm soak but it fades within 10 mins! At about month 3 of my accutane journey my face became so raw from the medication that I was almost brought to the hospital so I had to go into combat mode and figure out what to do.

Probably the best advice I can give you is the following. I tend to have acne that scabs and gets gross and painful pretty much no matter what...ive tried just about everything...neosporin...oils...aquaphor...cetaphil lotions....shea butter..calamine lotion... the whole lot. Nothing has ever really healed or soothed in a really remarkable way. after my whole raw burnt face hospital deal I treat my face more as a burn/bad sunburn than something you'd use neosporin on. Aloe!!! my good ol pal that i used to lather myself in before i ever had acne. So aloe healed up my raw face really well. the best part was I thought i would have terrible scarring from all of the peeled off scabby skin, but i was left with very minimal redness that faded fast. I have a plant in my house but i got so sick of cutting off leaves it was so messy and you have to be careful to only use the center part of the leaf and not the outside and i just got too annoyed with that....so I went to amazon (BLESS amazon prime 2 day shipping) and i ordered Amara Organics aloe vera gel. It was the most pure out there and has been amazing amazing at healing and fading red marks too. With aloe you gotta be careful about buying gels because yes, all of them will have some sort of other ingredient as a preservative. The ones like Fruit of the Earth or Banana boat are just a no go...i wouldn't recommend them at all they stung my skin so bad and made it worse actually so thats how i knew amara was legit because it didnt burn or sting me and actually did what it was supposed to. 

SO i healed ok from that incident and was pretty happy with the aloe. But i thought i could do better. Over the past few months i have tried everything just to find my perfect holy grail. Then I got some scabs again from sore accutane pimples and I found my ultimate healing/soothing elixir and scar remover. I don't even remember how I came across it exactly, but ZINC OXIDE. You can look on here or other websites, but I've read several stories of people who cleared up their acne and healed scabs and wounds AND SCARRING (WOOHOO) with diaper cream or calamine lotion which both have zinc oxide. My problem was when I looked at ingredients in both of those, they just had too much additives and pore clogging ingredients that gave me trouble with other products like mineral oil, petroleum, etc.. So i turned to amazon once again and i found 100% zinc oxide powder (la lune naturals). The powder is used for all sorts of things, homemade deodorant, sunscreen, acne and wound healing, redness and scar fading etc. It comes with a recipe book and its online as well with all sorts of things you can make with the powder. I found one of the recipes that I SWEAR BY now.. best thing I've ever used. Its Aloe vera gel and the zinc oxide powder mixed together...simple as that. my two favorite scar faders and healing agents combined in one! I spread this all over any affected areas that need healing and soothing or reducing inflammation from pimples and i can see myself using this forever. It speeds up my healing time and soothes at the same time. If i catch a scab/pimple in its early stages, it will help it go away without any mark at all. And It has faded my older red marks in just days so definitely faster than just aloe alone, and has blown me away. I really recommend this for: inflamed pimples (ill add a few drops of tea tree into the mix occasionally for anything inflamed), healing wounds and scabs, redness, and fading scars. so pretty much anything! This does so many wonderful things!! Best of luck xoxo

p.s. the zinc oxide and aloe isn't something you wear during the day! i wear it in the house and when I'm sleeping!

MemberMember
(@sheldoncooperscouncilofladies)

Posted : 03/21/2017 3:15 am

Thank you I will try that!

MemberMember
(@debasree-roy)

Posted : 03/21/2017 1:44 pm

I'm having garlic burn scars appying the mixture of since oxide and aloe will regain my skin?

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 03/21/2017 3:01 pm

1 hour ago, Debasree roy said:

I'm having garlic burn scars appying the mixture of since oxide and aloe will regain my skin?

im not sure if i 100% understand you, so I will try to answer my best. You burnt your face with garlic? ouch! that sounds so painful...DONT do that again!!! If it is discoloration/hyperpigmentation YES zinc oxide and aloe will help tremendously. For me it has 100% faded my hyper pigmentation. However, i do not get pitted scars, so I don't know how well it will work on those but it will definitely reduce/eliminate redness. I don't think it "regains" skin...it won't be able to fill in holes or anything, but like i said if it is a dark or red mark left behind from a burn that is flat but discolored, yes it will help a lot! If its been there a while, it might take up to a few days/up to a week to see a really noticeable effect but if its newer, it will heal up super fast! hope that helps:)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/21/2017 8:57 pm

We have tips on how to deal with this in the faq for treatment. Also testing if it's PIE or PIH

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

Garlic burns is a burn, and will most likely turn to PIH. Please make sure it's healed completely before trying any harsh treatment. Aloe Vera and Honey or tripple antibiotic cream and then follow the PIE / PIH treatments.

MemberMember
(@debasree-roy)

Posted : 03/22/2017 9:34 am

Now what does PIE treatment or wat u r saying wat ds tht means? .... Hle frnd! How much did zinc oxide cost u"? From where to buy it?

MemberMember
(@debasree-roy)

Posted : 03/22/2017 11:15 am

Can I use mederma? Will it work on garlic burns? Plz suggest me a cream I dnt want to go for any laser treatment or plastic surgery!! Hlp m plzz! Its been a month scars do remain red scars dark red !! Will mederma scar cream hlo m to regain my old skin?

WP_20170321_23_58_35_Selfie.jpg

WP_20170321_23_58_47_Selfie.jpg

scars apper more red than the usual colour in the picture plz suggest me some cream .. That is found in india .... will i never ever able to get my skin bck? How mny days will it tk time to cure?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/23/2017 12:44 am

Silver nitrate gel ointment for treatment burns

Silvadene cream

Himalaya Herbals Antiseptic Cream.

I told you honey and aloe vera is for burns.

Zinc is Diaper Rash Cream, for babies bottoms.

This will be there for some months, you will have to eventually use skin bleaching cream in a month.

Medermais not good, use pure silicone sheets or cream instead from the Indian pharmacy.