Notifications
Clear all

years of acne scar

MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 03/20/2017 9:04 am

hey guys i have had acne problem ever since i was 19 years old  now i am 27 i have finally gotten my acne under control now i am left with this ugly scars 
has been bothering me for years i have just gotten off accutane btw doc told me to wait 6 months before i can do any lasers. can anyone tell me what kind of scars i have so i can better prepare myself before i go for laser?

20170320_213549.jpg

20170320_213553.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/20/2017 10:33 am

While your waiting 6 months for laser you can do microneedling at home and alternate with TCA spot peels to scarred area and tca cross for your ice picks.

You have pinpoint icepicks, treatment is TCA Cross, this can be done now.

You have shallow box cars on the cheeks.

Subcision would work on some of the box cars and can be done now after Accutane, it uses no energy.

I would wait on laser a year unless you get vascular laser for the reds of the scars, this does nothing to the skin, just pigment.

Please checkout my FAQ below (signature), see sections: subcision, tca at the bottom, & microneedling.

MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 03/20/2017 10:37 am

3 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

While your waiting 6 months for laser you can do microneedling at home and alternate with TCA spot peels to scarred area and tca cross for your ice picks.

You have pinpoint icepicks, treatment is TCA Cross, this can be done now.

You have shallow box cars on the cheeks.

Subcision would work on some of the box cars and can be done now after Accutane, it uses no energy.

I would wait on laser a year unless you get vascular laser for the reds of the scars, this does nothing to the son, just pigment.

Please checkout my FAQ below (signature), see sections: subcision, tca at the bottom, & microneedling.

thank you so much for your reply =))

MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 06/02/2017 7:09 pm

hi what size of mm dermal roller should i use as i am just starting out can you advice?
i am considering fillers as well juvederm will it elevate the scars?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/02/2017 10:04 pm

I would put the laser plans on hold for now. I'd start with subcisions, microneedling, and use of a daily retinoid. If you still want to use an energy device after a year or so, go for it, but that isn't the best starting point imo.

User650286 and Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 06/02/2017 10:58 pm

52 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:

I would put the laser plans on hold for now. I'd start with subcisions, microneedling, and use of a daily retinoid. If you still want to use an energy device after a year or so, go for it, but that isn't the best starting point imo.

i am thinking of using banisher m size k dermalroller but they stated its only 0.5mm will i be wasting my money on it can anyone advice?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/03/2017 7:21 am

Would suggest a treatment i am doing myself and know works but my condition isnt as bad as yours.

in at the deep end as they say!

diy 100% or high strength tca cross for your bigger ice picks,do it right and if your skin is right type you will see good results.then wait 4 weeks then do a peel at high strength of 25%,wait 4 weeks then tca cross again and wait 4 weeks.do this for around 3 treatments of each and see how your skin is before rolling.roller wont make any difference for months bar reduce wrinkles and we are not interested in wrinkles here,were interested in reducing the scar and its appearance,in fact we want to totaly erradicate it and get your skin nice again.
:)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/03/2017 8:09 am

@garylyDo 1.5mm or above. .5mm does nothing... It is meant for product penetration not scars. Most of us use the http://derminator.com here.No fillers your scars are too textural and superficial. You can do subcision if you wish.TCA Cross, Spot peels, microneedle, and subcision are your best bets. you need to be using retin a / tretinorin cream at night as well when not healing from procedures. Vitamin C serum, HA serum, and you need hydroquoinone or your will pigment.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 06/04/2017 7:27 am

Seems like people are getting good results with infini/radiofrequency. My suggestion will be to do 3-4 sessions of radiofrequency/subcision.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 06/06/2017 6:44 pm

On 6/2/2017 at 8:58 PM, garyly said:
On 6/2/2017 at 8:04 PM, QuanHenry said:

i am thinking of using banisher m size k dermalroller but they stated its only 0.5mm will i be wasting my money on it can anyone advice?

Please don't buy from Banish. They are horribly overpriced for the stuff they sell. They are very aggressive marketers and take advantage of the fact that people are not knowledgable about scar treatment.

MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 06/24/2017 8:10 pm

On 6/7/2017 at 7:44 AM, dazzed said:
Please don't buy from Banish. They are horribly overpriced for the stuff they sell. They are very aggressive marketers and take advantage of the fact that people are not knowledgable about scar treatment.

thks for telling me . i did not buy it in the end i got a derma pen instead

MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 08/02/2017 6:25 am

here is my pic after 2 self dermerpen treatment  there are still scars as you can see but slight improvment will continue to update 

20170802_191123.jpg

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 08/02/2017 8:51 am

Pretty good!

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/03/2017 5:31 am

Noticeable improvement! You bought a branded dermapen or just a generic one?

MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 05/21/2018 10:11 pm

just wanted to provide an update i have so far procedures i have done on my skin are as below
this picture is taken in the morning so the scars are not as pronounced 
guys can anybody tell me what concealer is best for my skin type i am thinking of dermablend 
and what shade is for me? would be helpful as i am a guy really don't want to go into any cosmetic shops  

• home microneedling ( not doing as much now)
  • intracel x3 
  • subcision with cannula x1 
  • cO2 fractionated laser x1 20180522_101347.thumb.jpg.49034a90759dcb94a3375d1454c3c5ef.jpg
getsmart121, mau_vh, freshman and 4 people liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/22/2018 12:16 am

2 hours ago, garyly said:
  • home microneedling ( not doing as much now)
  • intracel x3
  • subcision with cannula x1
  • cO2 fractionated laser x1

Good improvement but, damn, you did all that in the course of 1 year? That sounds a lot.

2 hours ago, garyly said:

can anybody tell me what concealer is best for my skin type i am thinking of dermablend
and what shade is for me? would be helpful as i am a guy really don't want to go into any cosmetic shops

Honestly, I have no idea but there are tons of Youtube makeup tutorial just for men. This is one of the better ones I think.

garyly liked
MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 05/22/2018 12:26 am

5 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:
Good improvement but, damn, you did all that in the course of 1 year? That sounds a lot.

Honestly, I have no idea but there are tons of Youtube makeup tutorial just for men. This is one of the better ones I think.

thanks for this =)

MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 05/22/2018 9:16 am

8 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

this process is too long for me as i am a casual guy does anybody know of a simpler way to conceal?

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 05/22/2018 5:20 pm

On 5/22/2018 at 10:16 PM, garyly said:

this process is too long for me as i am a casual guy does anybody know of a simpler way to conceal?

Your cheeks have improved about 80% from the first picture till the last. And clearly the dermapen treatments have improved you the most. I think if you did a couple more of dermapen you wouldnt need to conceal your cheeks. Even now, its really unncessary your cheeks are looking really good.

Put on some moistorizer and just a little concealer on your cheeks, i use this one [Edited image out]

You don't really need more than that.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 05/22/2018 6:57 pm

Damn you accomplished a lot in a year. This is excellent improvement and I bet you are thrilled.

Which treatment do you think gave you the most improvement?

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 05/22/2018 7:49 pm

Looks pretty good!

Those remaining stubborn scars... I think they can be treated with TCA cross as they look like small narrow boxcar scars.

MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 05/22/2018 8:02 pm

On 5/23/2018 at 6:20 AM, incepticon said:

Your cheeks have improved about 80% from the first picture till the last. And clearly the dermapen treatments have improved you the most. I think if you did a couple more of dermapen you wouldnt need to conceal your cheeks. Even now, its really unncessary your cheeks are looking really good.

Put on some moistorizer and just a little concealer on your cheeks, i use this one [Edited image out]

You don't really need more than that.

hey thanks but this guide, pic is taken in the morning when skin is plump as the day goes on my face gets really oily and scars will be more obvious so i think i am gonna do filler for my next treatment plan

On 5/23/2018 at 7:57 AM, dazzed said:

Damn you accomplished a lot in a year. This is excellent improvement and I bet you are thrilled.

Which treatment do you think gave you the most improvement?

i would say intracel ? but i think the combination of treatment would help alot more

On 5/23/2018 at 8:49 AM, Raster said:

Looks pretty good!

Those remaining stubborn scars... I think they can be treated with TCA cross as they look like small narrow boxcar scars.

i heard tca cross has a long downtime is it true ?

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 05/22/2018 8:51 pm

You look great, awesome improvement. Which treatment do you think worked the most?

MemberMember
(@copiousflower)

Posted : 05/25/2018 3:42 am

You've had quite the procedures you did with yourself. It sure does all the efforts put into this paid back with great results. Looking forward to your next update. Best! And looking great mate!

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 05/25/2018 8:34 am

`