Notifications
Clear all

Red Acne scarring

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 03/20/2017 8:00 am

so i went to a dermatologist for laser treatment and she said that she expects 10-15% improvement per session but cannot guarantee results  , i am currently looking at 3-4 sessions which are 6 weeks apart. Do you think these red acne scars will improve from laser resurfacing.

These red scars have been with me for about 2-3 years and i have tried every cream and product in the market. I have really become frustrated and i am seeking the laser option for these red scars 

scar 1.jpg

scar 2.jpg

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 03/20/2017 9:02 am

1 hour ago, abod57 said:

so i went to a dermatologist for laser treatment and she said that she expects 10-15% improvement per session but cannot guarantee results  , i am currently looking at 3-4 sessions which are 6 weeks apart. Do you think these red acne scars will improve from laser resurfacing.

These red scars have been with me for about 2-3 years and i have tried every cream and product in the market. I have really become frustrated and i am seeking the laser option for these red scars 

scar 1.jpg

scar 2.jpg

You want to go for some quadrostar pro yellow treatment or the v beam perfecta to get rid of the redness.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/20/2017 10:34 am

I agree with Hope, moving this to hyperpigmentation sub, it's not scars 😉

Checkout more treatments in the faq we made for this.

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 03/20/2017 11:07 am

so laser resurfacing wont work?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/21/2017 9:08 pm

You don't need resurfacing, just Vascular laser for pigment, this is why we recommended those kind of lasers, this is the hyperpigmentation sub resurfacing is if you have drastic scars. Why loose fat in your face if you don't need to? You have pigment issues is all I see in the pics.

MemberMember
(@abod57)

Posted : 03/22/2017 2:10 am

i went to a doctor and she suggested that i do Fractional co2 laser, she says the down time is 3-4 days... im so confused now

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/23/2017 12:37 am

You have hyperpigmentation "reds" right? Fractional laser is not for reds, it's to resurface the skin (possible side effects). This makes them $$$$, they always push laser on everyone, quick for them. You want a vascular laser for pigment only, it does nothing for skin, just pigment and veins. Vbeam is a popular one or Quadrostar Pro.

If you would rather go with the doctors advice that is fine, you can always get a second opinion but please tell them the reds are your main concern.