Notifications
Clear all

Natural way to clear up acne

MemberMember
(@cvelilla)

Posted : 03/18/2017 2:16 pm

Hey guys,

I have recently found a natural way to clear up my skin and I thought I would share it and my research that led me to my discovery. I have probably been struggling with acne since I was 18 or 19 and I am now 26. It's been a bumpy road (no pun intended) but I think i finally found a routine that will help me keep my skin clear. I have tried every acne product out there and the only things that has ever kept my skin clear was birth control and retin a. The only problem with that is that cream is extremely expensive and I just don't trust that it's good for you long term, but that's just my opinion. I have tried everything and then I stumbled upon the oil cleansing method anf I wear this is not a standard method. I tweaked my method since my skin was so congested and I couldn't figure out what was the cause. I through all of my products away and just started using a few things to "detox my skin". I used eminence probiotic cleanser, apple cider vinegar, thayers witch hazel with rose water, safflower oil, hemp seed oil, and rose hip seed oil. These have been the only things that have cleared my skin, moisturized, and targeted/prevented hyperpigmentation/deep scars. My skin was dry for many years and that was the cause of my acne. Once I began to speed up the cell turnover and balance my sebum production I saw and felt a huge difference! I have pretty dry skin and I dried it out even more once I started using acne products that just dried out my skin. I'm not an expert but I did find out that most people who have dry skin and acne are lacking in linoleic acid. The oils I use are high in linoleic acid and also have a bunch of healthy vitamins that are essential to your health and skin health. That's just a summary of what i did and I just read a lot of forums and watched a lot of YouTube videos. I think most acne can be treated by choosing the methods that are meant for your type of skin. We go to all these dermatologists and estheticians but rarely can they tell us what is causing our specific kind of acne.Oh by the way your skin will purge if it's congested. Anything to actually is working needs to get the bacteria and dead skin out of your pores so you can have clear smoothe skin. The cool thing is that you can actually feel and see the dirt come out when you'rerubbing the oil on your face!I hope this helped! Make sure you choose the right oils for your skin type. My method won't work for everyone. If you have any questions please don't be afraid to ask. I can add my exact a.m. and p.m. routine! Good luck on your journey guys!

MemberMember
(@jezziesspace)

Posted : 06/08/2017 6:56 am

Thank you for this ^.... Please can you add a bit more detail as am hoping to start using Meridian Organic Safflower cold pressed and unrefined oil soon?

Many thanks -X-

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 07/01/2017 5:25 pm

Ive heard that oils are not supposed to purge your skin and that it usually just means it isnt right for you and you should stop using it.

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 07/06/2017 10:10 pm

Thank you for sharing this. Oils have also helped me clear my acne and make my skin look better. Everyone who has acne needs to figure out what exactly works for their skin.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 07/11/2017 2:26 am

Thanks for this. Nice info. :)

MemberMember
(@jpowell123)

Posted : 07/12/2017 4:42 pm

Should this only be used as a face mask type of deal? I get single pimples every now and then so i'm wondering if this is something i can make beforehand and use as a topical ointment/cream of sorts.

MemberMember
(@martinibennet)

Posted : 07/18/2017 8:56 am

Thank you! Need to try cause my methods are very expensive.
For my problem skin I use cleansers in the salon. There, the skin is cleaned with natural fruit acids and then a lotion is applied which narrows the pores.

MemberMember
(@cvelilla)

Posted : 09/08/2017 11:00 am

Really late update: I had a dormant acne bacteria in my system for about 6 years. Nothing I could do would have permanently cleared me up. There was layers of oil and dry skin clogging my pores that oil cleansing, skin peels, or any other routine wouldn't ever solve. I unfortunately had to turn to a dermatologist and I am now on accutane. It was definitely my last resort but I went through some major emotional issues and I didnt know where else to turn. I just started month three and I am so happy with the results! I am hoping I am not doing too much long term damage to my body, but I guess thats the risk you take