Notifications
Clear all

How I cured my acne

MemberMember
(@star72star)

Posted : 03/18/2017 1:12 am

I felt that I needed to share my story as a year ago it was me searching acne.org looking for a possible cure, feeling my lowest self esteem I have ever felt, feeling like everyone can see my acne even though I wear make up and feeling like my boyfriend cannot fancy me looking like this. I was willing to give anything ago now as my usual benzoyl peroxide was not working anymore, I went to my doctor who prescribed me epiduo (0.1% adapalene/benzoyl peroxide 2.5%) and started me on the contraceptive pill Diane, I chose Brenda the generic as it was a third of the price. I was sceptical about whether this would work for me as I had previously tried Yasmin in the past. I made a promise to myself that I would stick with the regime for 6 months at least no matter how much I wanted I quit and believe me I did! So in the first few weeks to a month of putting a pea sized amount of epiduo on a clean face every night my skin became very tender, dry, red and chapped I had been using cetaphil derma control moisturiser which made a stinging sensation and did not keep my skin moisturised, I later switched to neutrogina water gel and this stuff is amazing. During the first few weeks I went through the dreaded purging stage, I felt like giving up but I am so glad I stuck with it, in 6 months it was a vast improvement and a year later I have clear skin with the odd pimple now and again. To get my skin super clear and soft I do a turmeric honey and yoghurt home made face mask twice a week, apple cider vinegar mixed with water as a cleanser and neautrogena naturals skin cleanser to wash my face morning and night. I hope this helps someone! I know what it feels like for acne to make you feel worthless but there is something out there that work for you! If you have any questions about my regime please ask below :) 

MemberMember
(@skinhope)

Posted : 07/02/2017 6:29 pm

Hey Star72star! I am currently on epiduo, have been using it everyday for the past 2 months. I haven't been able to tell if my skin is getting better yet which is frustrating. It has started to peel and flake a little. I also switched from yasmin to yaz a month ago to see if that will help so I think my hormones are still adjusting which I'm sure doesn't help with seeing results yet.

I was wondering what kind of acne did you have? And how long before you started seeing results? My main issue is my forehead - many under the skin bumps or "closed comedones".

MemberMember
(@hanan77)

Posted : 07/03/2017 10:37 am

On 2017-03-18 at 2:12 AM, Star72star said:

I felt that I needed to share my story as a year ago it was me searching acne.org looking for a possible cure, feeling my lowest self esteem I have ever felt, feeling like everyone can see my acne even though I wear make up and feeling like my boyfriend cannot fancy me looking like this. I was willing to give anything ago now as my usual benzoyl peroxide was not working anymore, I went to my doctor who prescribed me epiduo (0.1% adapalene/benzoyl peroxide 2.5%) and started me on the contraceptive pill Diane, I chose Brenda the generic as it was a third of the price. I was sceptical about whether this would work for me as I had previously tried Yasmin in the past. I made a promise to myself that I would stick with the regime for 6 months at least no matter how much I wanted I quit and believe me I did! So in the first few weeks to a month of putting a pea sized amount of epiduo on a clean face every night my skin became very tender, dry, red and chapped I had been using cetaphil derma control moisturiser which made a stinging sensation and did not keep my skin moisturised, I later switched to neutrogina water gel and this stuff is amazing. During the first few weeks I went through the dreaded purging stage, I felt like giving up but I am so glad I stuck with it, in 6 months it was a vast improvement and a year later I have clear skin with the odd pimple now and again. To get my skin super clear and soft I do a turmeric honey and yoghurt home made face mask twice a week, apple cider vinegar mixed with water as a cleanser and neautrogena naturals skin cleanser to wash my face morning and night. I hope this helps someone! I know what it feels like for acne to make you feel worthless but there is something out there that work for you! If you have any questions about my regime please ask below :) 

How was your experience with Diane 35? i'm gonna start taking it but i'm scared of it cuz of the horror stories on google. can you share your experience with it and also did it get worse after stopping it?