Notifications
Clear all

Can food cause acne? What do you think?

MemberMember
(@raub)

Posted : 03/12/2017 5:30 pm

Do you think certain foods can cause Acne?
Many people say it's true, some say it's a myth.

Personally, I think it's a myth [no, I'm not just telling myself that].
I did an experiment months ago. I stopped eating all unhealthy foods, I went full vegetarian and I drank only water, up to 4 liters a day... aaaand.. I still broke out like crazy. Then I continued my normal food habits - unhealthy food, soda and less than a liter of water, and nothing has ever changed so far.

Of course it's always good to stay healthy, but does healthy food really help you with acne [hormones] ? What do you think.

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/12/2017 11:22 pm

I think, my personal opinion, is that for some people it does trigger something in them that then triggers acne. Like I dont believe foods trigger my acne, but I do k ow that if im not drinking anough water, my skin is likely to have more acne. I think some people are super super lucky and no matter what they eat, acne just doesnt happen. Then there are people who, unfortunately, do eat some type of food, say sugar, and they breakout. I guess its both fact and fiction.

MemberMember
(@thaoly10)

Posted : 03/13/2017 6:15 am

Even if the food play a role in acne, the first cause of acne its genes, if your parents had acne, you are more likely to have it than someone's whose parents don't have acne.
You still can see a dermatologist to cure it though, I went to a very good one and I almost have no acne anymore now, someone it appears a bit. but really nothing.
Good luck

MemberMember
(@yankid)

Posted : 03/15/2017 7:10 am

Hey Ra'Uh,

Yes. Indirectly.

I tried experimenting different foods for 12 years. You can read about it here.

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 03/15/2017 1:35 pm

I don't think it can cause acne directly but can make it worse/better. I tried eating clean before I would still break out. Recently I went on a I don't give a f*** diet, which consistented of no water just creamer and coffee along with lots of fast foods. What I notice was I kept getting ones that hurt under my chin around my neck area and temple. I couldn't take it any longer.... I watched this video of this body builder who went completely vegan after acne coming back post accutane, and man did he clear up so much. He said he eats about 12 servings of vegetables a day, and he gave me the idea of seasoning vegetables with soy sauce and I love soy sauce lol. So right now I'm eating about 9 servings a day and man has to made me feel better and make my skin glow. Just working on my dark marks but they usually go away fairly quick when I drink sea loads of water. Give it a try, add at least 9 servings of veggies a day and see if you get any new acne.

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 04/02/2017 11:46 pm

On 3/15/2017 at 2:35 PM, davidctino said:

I don't think it can cause acne directly but can make it worse/better. I tried eating clean before I would still break out. Recently I went on a I don't give a f*** diet, which consistented of no water just creamer and coffee along with lots of fast foods. What I notice was I kept getting ones that hurt under my chin around my neck area and temple. I couldn't take it any longer.... I watched this video of this body builder who went completely vegan after acne coming back post accutane, and man did he clear up so much. He said he eats about 12 servings of vegetables a day, and he gave me the idea of seasoning vegetables with soy sauce and I love soy sauce lol. So right now I'm eating about 9 servings a day and man has to made me feel better and make my skin glow. Just working on my dark marks but they usually go away fairly quick when I drink sea loads of water. Give it a try, add at least 9 servings of veggies a day and see if you get any new acne.

Try Bragg's Amino Acid sauce - it's a good substitute for soy sauce. If you want an extra boost of antioxidants try matcha tea.

I stopped having canned food as well....my weakness is tomato sauce for my edamame spaghetti, both of which I'm hoping to finally quit one day as they're processed.

Eliminating canned food helps, but by how much exactly it'd be hard to tell.

MemberMember
(@yuzuhouse)

Posted : 04/04/2017 12:26 am

In my experience having too much dairy affected my acne tremendously. I cut it out about 90% and after that I started to clear up a lot.