Notifications
Clear all

Acne sucks

MemberMember
(@sadnob)

Posted : 03/09/2017 9:05 pm

Hey guys, I've decided to join this community after struggling with acne for just about 6 years now. I am an 18 year old female who got acne at the young age of 11. I was the only kid in elementary school with those annoying red bumps that I would get teased for. In the beginning of middle school, I tried benzoyl peroxide which cleared me up for about 6 months, then I developed a severe allergy to it and I had to stop due to the chemical burns all over my face. Throughout the rest of middle school I still had the acne all over my cheeks, and a few on the forehead/ chin, and in the eighth grade, my mother and I decided to visit a dermatologist. I started out using tooicals and pills; sooner rather than later I was clear for a bit but the acne always came back. However, his time, it was painful, disfiguring cystic acne on my face, chest, and back that left scars and hyperpigmentation. The only thing that cleared me was birth control, but it made me depressed and I had suicidal thoughts, inevitably that was the end of that. I then took a chance on accutane after a total of 13 acne treatments described you my dermatologist, including every pill, topical, over the counter, and home remedy possible. It was amazing, my skin was clear! Unfortunately the side effects were not ideal. I stayed clear for about 2 months then all hell broke loose again. My acne came back and I was so angry and frustrated per usual. I then decided to detox myself and get rid of all products with chemicals and toxic ingredients. I felt better but my skin was still terrible. I then got into a more holistic approach, which led me to maca. I had my skin clear for about a month but after I stopped my dismay, the acne was back. No surprise. So here I am once again sitting on my bathroom floor, spending hours of research just hoping and praying I will stumble upon a cure. If yoke can help, please leave any advice or things that help your acne. I really need something, my depression is to the point of me skipping school and laying in my bed crying all day. I'm not writing this post for pity or sympathy, just desperately want something to get my life back together. I have missed out on so much of my life because of acne. I hate acne.

MemberMember
(@acne-bee-gone)

Posted : 03/22/2017 8:38 am

I hear your pain....I always felt like acne literally ruined my teenage years. So much time spent indoors and not wanting to see anyone. I'm 30 and I've gotten rid of my acne with proper diet and exercise, but if I wake up in the morning and I feel alittle pressure anywhere on my face, I rush out of bed straight to the mirror and see what's going on. It's like I'm emotionally scarred from it all. PTSD if you will. That might be a bit dramatic to some but I don't think so.

ACNE SUCKS!!!

MemberMember
(@jenbra)

Posted : 03/22/2017 11:30 am

Acne is such a pain. For me I went down the dermatologist road.. had my acne clear up from Minocycline, then after off it I went on birth control and acne was worse then ever. I went back on Minocycline and decided to get off it and clear my skin myself. My current state of my skin is a lot of hyperpigmentain, redness, and mild/moderate acne. Right now trying to focus on the right skin care( currently using the Mario Badescu's acne kit..so far its ok, I've been breaking out a little but it's only been a little over a week), steaming my face, eating healthy(which I know is hard), not wearing face makeup till my skin is pretty clear or I know whats working, taking supplements like zinc but BE CAREFUL too much vitamins/minerals can cause more harm to your organs! I found this and I believed this helped my skin to an extent, I would take one a day because I didn't want too much in my system. I wasn't taking it for a while because I was out but I think that it was working for me! I'm just waiting to for them to come in the mail now. But also drink water 24/7, it helps flush out the toxins in your body! But stay positive it will clear, sooner or later you will find out what will work for you!(:

Here's the link to the supplement I was taking: http://www.vitaminworld.com/zinc-for-acne-0070002580.html