Notifications
Clear all

My journey with accutane

MemberMember
(@aurumii)

Posted : 03/08/2017 3:51 pm

Hello, I just signed up to this site after seeing many inspirational improvements with accutane. I would like to contribute to this forum by inspiring others to start the journey to help their skin out. I'm 17 years, Male, and just started my course of 40 mg a day a week ago.

Day 1: (Before accutane)
Acne on upper back, forehead, cheeks, face, chest. I have little blackheads on my nose, and some mild blackheads around my cheek areas. I have a lot of oil on my face, i usually wash my face towards the end of school and once before bed. I have acne scars around my cheeks.

End of week 1:
My lips are dry, I use burts bees and it works just fine. Slightly have a feeling that lips are swollen but appear normal overall.
A lot less oil is forming on my face, i dont feel the need to wash my face at school anymore.
My acne on my chest has already reduced and way less oil on my back.
The blackheads on my face are slightly starting break the smoothness.
My face has gotten slightly red.

MemberMember
(@aurumii)

Posted : 03/13/2017 9:24 pm

End of week 2:
My lips are still dry, but burt's bees chapstick helped alot in countering the drying out effects. My face is significantly less oily to the point that washing my face hasnt come across as an idea anymore. My back is less oily and i have less breakouts on my chest and upper back. But I think my ib has started, ive gotten 4-5 pimples on my face towards the end of this week, but my right side of the face is clearing up a lot more. I can start to see the tiny blackheads on my nose pushing out a bit.

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 03/13/2017 10:29 pm

Keep going @Aurumll

Thank you for your update.

Does the doctor give you recommendations about what to eat what to avoid, I mean like supplements?

AurumII liked
MemberMember
(@aurumii)

Posted : 03/20/2017 2:18 pm

@shmilyM The doctor hasn't told me anything about supplements, so I researched online. Definitely avoid vitamin A supplements and foods with vitamin A.

End of week 3: My lips are fine as long as i use chapstick. The blackheads on my nose are almost halfway pushed out, making my nose feel like sandpaper. I decided to use a blackhead mask only on my nose a couple of days ago and a considerable amount of them came out, but still theres a lot of blackheads still left. I would wait for blackheads to fall out naturally because little flakes of skin was also pulled, thankfully i have tough skin. Both sides of my face have cleared up where there is no acne. There are still little pimples that breakout but they seem to dry up quickly in a few days. It feels great that my face is alot less oily throughout the whole day. side note: make sure to put lotion on arms and legs too.

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@stressed123)

Posted : 03/20/2017 2:41 pm

yaya! keep on going hope all the best for you! im 32 I can't go on Accutane because I want to have children soon, I started minocycline a year ago worked instantly my skin was finally clear ,then doctor saw my skin was clear tried to takeme off the minocycline to 50 mg a day I started to break out again I went back to 100 mg but since then it hasn't done much for me, im worse now then ever was, I only started to get acne in my last 20's which is shitty, im going to see a dermatologist here in Toronto but only in April I hate waiting seems forever =( I just want this gone im so uncomfortable, this can't be hormonalbecause I have it on my face everyday not around my monthlycycle.
anyways wish me luck =(
and I hope you are successful with your prescription !!!
all the best!!

AurumII liked
MemberMember
(@aurumii)

Posted : 03/27/2017 12:38 pm

End of week 4:
My lips are fine still. The blackheads on my nose are pretty much out now, compared to when they were half out last week. Its so cool to see the transformation on my nose, so much cleaner. The right side of my face has become much cleaner and not much breakouts are occurring. The left side of my face is healing still, theres a few breakouts but overall its much cleaner than before. Theres a bit of joint pain but its minor. My face is significantly less oily and enjoying the process so far.

MemberMember
(@aurumii)

Posted : 04/04/2017 12:42 am

End of week 5:
So far, the improvements on my face have been amazing. There are no new breakouts on the right side of my face as it has begun the healing process. There are only 1-2 minor breakouts on the left side of my face. The scars are able to disappear due to the absence of new acne. I have been moved up from 40 mg once per day to 40 mg twice per day, and so far no drastic changes.

MemberMember
(@aurumii)

Posted : 07/24/2017 9:45 pm

I have finished my course of accutane 1 day ago. I can say that my skin has become really clear this past month, and I look better in pictures without the acne/acne scars I had before. I am thankful for accutane overall although there were some side effects I had to adjust living with. I will give an update 6 months later for post accutane.

MemberMember
(@aurumii)

Posted : 12/19/2017 7:06 pm

I have to say that my journey with Accutane as a solid success. Within the past 6 months, I have had slim to no outbreaks.

dw75 liked
MemberMember
(@dw75)

Posted : 12/20/2017 11:18 am

6 minths later with slim to no breakouts is encouraging for me. I finished my final pills yesterday. Hopefully I don't breakout. Uncertain times ahead!