Notifications
Clear all

Treatment causing deep pimples that won't go away

MemberMember
(@deluxeegypt)

Posted : 03/08/2017 2:35 pm

Ive been using the treatment for about 4 week, but I had to skip 2-3 days since my skin got REALLY flakey. Ever since I started using the treatment, I get these random deep spots that lasts for ages, which did not happen so frequently before. They also seem to appear at the most random places all over my cheeks, places I havent really experienced acne before. What is going on? It really demotivates me from continuing the treatment. My skin definitely looks worse than before I started using it

Side note: I havent been able to go up to the full amount of bp because it makes my skin dry to the point where it feels like I'm wearing a mask

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/09/2017 4:08 pm

Hi DeluxeEgypt,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. Just to clarify are these spots acne scars or hyperpigmentation?

Our best advice is to use The Regimen products. They will get you completely clear and will make your skin look nice and even toned and non-inflamed. Thats whats most important in order to prevent future hyperpigmentation and scarring. Make sure you use them diligently and you will get completely clear.

However, the hyperpigmentation itself can take several months or longer to fade. To speed this process you can add Acne.org AHA+ which will help increase skin cell turnover and allow your acne marks to fade faster. But nothing will help hyperpigmentation fade extremely quickly. Its only time that can do that. Remember that hyperpigmentation are not scars, however, and will fade with time.

Scarring is another story. Scarring is permanent. Be sure to be free of active acne before learning about or embarking on any scar treatment. You can read more about scar treatments here:

http://www.acne.org/acne-scar-treatment.html

If you are using only the Acne.org products and following the instructions exactly and you still have dry flaky skin. You can do two things.

1. Use more Acne.org Moisturizer (you cant use too much). Feel free to apply it through the day as needed to keep your skin soft and hydrated.
2. Add 5-6 drops of Acne.org Organic Jojoba Oil into the palm of your hand and mix it with the Acne.org Moisturizer before applying it each morning. At night you can add even more (as many drops as you want).

The Acne.org Moisturizer is designed to calm and heal the skin and return it to its natural balance. The Acne.org Jojoba oil is almost identical to the natural oils of the skin. By using both of these products in conjunction on a daily basis you should see calmer, more hydrated healthier looking skin very soon.

DeLovely liked