Notifications
Clear all

Dermapen on post accutane dry skin

MemberMember
(@justdry)

Posted : 03/06/2017 8:44 am

Hey,

Has anyone had Dermapen treatment on skin that is chronically dry, post accutane ?

I've severely dry skin for 6 years post accutane and have a dermapen appointment booked next Monday in the hope that the wound response and collagen will help the dryness. I just wondered if anyone had experience with this and did it help?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/07/2017 2:33 am

It may damage the skin due to the dryness. You could drink lots of water. Buy some pure HA serum ASAP and use it a few times a day. Take HA pills from the health food store. Take Fish Oil pills. If your skin can handle moisturizer do that a few times a day. Cut down salt intake.

Hopefully whoever is doing it is aware of the dry skin and has a plan for this?

MemberMember
(@justdry)

Posted : 03/07/2017 6:48 am

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

It may damage the skin due to the dryness. You could drink lots of water. Buy some pure HA serum ASAP and use it a few times a day. Take HA pills from the health food store. Take Fish Oil pills. If your skin can handle moisturizer do that a few times a day. Cut down salt intake.

Hopefully whoever is doing it is aware of the dry skin and has a plan for this?

In what way can it damage it?

Yes, she is aware, I went for a consultation prior to the treatment and she said that it will help as it is like a dermal reboot and will stimulate collagen production.

The normal protocols for dry skin, moisturizing, drinking water, taking supplements etc... don't work. the dryness is due to zero sebum production caused by accutane. I've tried all that kind of stuff, it's 100% an internal issue.

I do moisturize, however, it makes the skin very red and angry (not down to a harsh moisturizer, tried many).

Please note that it is not a dermaroller, i would not do this as i think it would definitely damage my skin. From what i read there shouldnt be much risk of damage with a dermapen?

Thank you for any help before next Monday.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/07/2017 6:56 am

I have seen on here after responding to thousands people who have had damage from dry skin. But not after one try (many), go get the microneedling and see the outcome. You can tell if it's positive or negative. I even have people doing it while on Accutane. Ask this question on realself.com to doctors I have seen mixed reviews of not in my hands to yes it can have a effect, everyone heals differently If your young and dry you have better changes than thin skin, older, and other derm conditions while being dry..

Actually they do work as our skin is made of HA, this is a fact, this is why we have injections and topicals. So yes HA topically serum and internally will help. Fact Beef / Pork Collagen does create more collagen hence turnover and moisture in the skin. People who eat high fat diets have greasy but moist skin, so what goes in does effect the skin.

If your moisturizer is making you red, it's not the right one, some people are sensitive to the ingredients, alcohols, and other chemicals.

Goodluck on your dermastamp treatment. Make sure she gives you topicals to use. You could pre use Vaseline or triple antibiotic before Monday and see if that helps.

MemberMember
(@justdry)

Posted : 03/07/2017 8:50 am

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

I have seen on here after responding to thousands people who have had damage from dry skin. But not after one try (many), go get the microneedling and see the outcome. You can tell if it's positive or negative. I even have people doing it while on Accutane. Ask this question on realself.com to doctors I have seen mixed reviews of not in my hands to yes it can have a effect, everyone heals differently If your young and dry you have better changes than thin skin, older, and other derm conditions while being dry..

Actually they do work as our skin is made of HA, this is a fact, this is why we have injections and topicals. So yes HA topically serum and internally will help. Fact Beef / Pork Collagen does create more collagen hence turnover and moisture in the skin. People who eat high fat diets have greasy but moist skin, so what goes in does effect the skin.

If your moisturizer is making you red, it's not the right one, some people are sensitive to the ingredients, alcohols, and other chemicals.

Goodluck on your dermastamp treatment. Make sure she gives you topicals to use. You could pre use Vaseline or triple antibiotic before Monday and see if that helps.

Thank you so much for your responses.

You kind of have me thinking -

My skin was a little dry post accutane but not anywhere near what it is now (6 years post) - I actually think it has become drier and drier around the time i began to eat really healthily and avoid fatty foods. I wonder if the accutane is causing some dryness but my diet has exaggerated the problem 10 fold ?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/08/2017 3:33 am

Yes a low fat diet can make the skin dry. You are not getting oils, and fats the body needs to repair collagen. There are collagen supplements from beef and pork that can be taken, fish oil is important as well. Omega 3 fatty acids. Protein / fats is very important to collagen remodeling. Accutane destroys the oil gland, thus drying out the skin.