Notifications
Clear all

Skin Repairing Cream/Moisturizer for Redness

MemberMember
(@js123)

Posted : 03/05/2017 10:38 pm

The center 1/3 of my forehead is my problem area and although it is oily and acne prone (clogged pores/blackheads mainly), it looks scaly and red ALL THE TIME. I am not sure why this is the case because the redness does not improve no matter what I do. I am wondering if it is red from the amount of harsh products I have used on it in the last year. Anyhow, I am looking for a cream or moisturizer that could repair this skin and get rid of the redness without causing any clogged pores or acne. Does anyone have any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 03/05/2017 10:47 pm

Are you using benzoyl peroxide? Seems like something is drying out your skin and irritating it. Try using a Cetaphil face wash. Don't buy one of those really big bottles without trying them. They have sample sizes at target for like 1 dollar.

MemberMember
(@js123)

Posted : 03/05/2017 10:52 pm

I am using BP. I stopped for about a month and it didnt seem to cut down on redness and just made my skin oily. I only use BP because it completely stops me from getting whiteheads and it also cuts down my oil production big time. But even when my skin is oily and not dry it still has the scaly look and redness. I have thought about trying to cetaphil face wash though.

MemberMember
(@hls1209)

Posted : 03/23/2017 9:18 pm

Maybe try a sulfur treatment instead? Helps with redness and inflammation and will dry up pimples. Acnomel on Amazon gets good reviews and I use Mario Badescu drying lotion and love it. Much less damaging and drying to skin than bp.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 04/15/2017 4:56 pm

If the skin is red that I would assume an irritation of some kind. It is reasonable to conclude that the harsh creams you applied over the last year have left your skin annoyed and red. It would be a good idea to apply a noncomedogenic moisturizer, noncomedogenic means it doesnt tend to cause pimples. You can get this kind of moisturizer at any drug store, just make sure to read the packaging and look for "non-comedogenic"

Try buying a more gentle face wash, dont scrub your skin hard when washing, and make sure you are using 2.5% BP, no higher concentration. And a slightly red forehead is better that getting more pimples, so thats a big plus right:)