Notifications
Clear all

Is it safe to take multiple vitamins daily?

MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 03/05/2017 8:10 am

Specifically Vitamin A and Vitamin D capsules.

I was hoping that it'd be okay to take one of these each everyday. Here in England we see very little sunlight, but even less sunlight when you're held up indoors all day due to low self esteem and lack of confidence.

I wanted to take Vitamin D3 capsules to compensate for the lack of sunlight and Vitamin D intake that I get.
I also wanted to take Vitamin A, as it's good for the skin.

Both are 10,000 UI in measurements, and I wondered if taking one of these each day is okay?

for a bit more info on the products I'm taking, here they are on Amazon.

Vitamin D3
[Link removed]

Vitamin A
[Link removed]

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/09/2017 2:19 pm

Hello there again,
I take A LOT of vitamins and supplements, so don't worry about taking 2 at a time. Sick people get prescribed a ton of medication every day....there are more deaths from prescriptions than from vitamins.... generally, it's very hard to overdose on vitamins, close to impossible. Also, when you eat, you consume a lot of vitamins and minerals. Do you ever question yourself after eating a huge meal if it maybe had too many good minerals and vitamins in it lol? No, right? Vitamins are great for your body and it'll be forever thankful to you for it.
Cheers!

Thetwald liked
MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 03/09/2017 5:07 pm

Hi thanks for answering,

I'm glad too hear it, I should be okay with just those two vitamins daily :).
I may add some Zinc though, I hear that's good for skin.

MemberMember
(@anna-jessxx)

Posted : 05/09/2017 11:28 am

as long as the vitamins you're taking each day are for different things you should be ok! but I wouldn't recommend taking many vitamins for the same thing e.g. taking a multivitamin containing a lot of vitamin A along as well as the vitamin A ones you're already taking, you should choose one or the other in that case :)

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 05/09/2017 1:11 pm

I've been taking Vit C, Vit D, Omega 3 and Green Tea Supplements for a while now.

Being in the UK myself too, I was taking vitamin D because of the lack of sunshine, but if this nice weather were having keeps up, I'll probably knokc that on the head.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 05/11/2017 2:32 am

Hi, it is safe to take that amount of Vitamin D safely, but 10,000IU is the upper limit for Vitamin A - large amounts can be toxic. If you eat animal products I would take less. Vitamin A from beta-carotene is safe as the body doesn't store it (but the body finds it harder to use).

I would check out guidance on all vitamins before starting to take high quantities, but obviously multiple tabs is fine (just look at what is in a multi-vit!).

Most vitamins also have complex, synergistic effects... so a B complex is safer than taking an individual B vitamin and some vitamins cannot be readily absorbed without the presence of others.

Have you considered cod liver oil as a source of vitamins A&D?

MemberMember
(@tommograham1980)

Posted : 05/11/2017 7:29 am

Definately look at taking magnesium and k2 with that level of D3. Otherwise you might consider reducing to something closer to 2000UI D3.

Tom

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 05/13/2017 10:16 am

Hmmm... I'm just taking in Vitamin C.. Not so sure what other vitamins I can add and if those multivitamins are really effective or just take them in one at a time.