Notifications
Clear all

Microneedling & Dan's Regimen?

MemberMember
(@improvedcat)

Posted : 03/05/2017 4:34 am

Hey guys. This is actually my first post ever on here so cut me some slack if this is already a subject and I just couldn't find it. Anywho, I've been on Dan's regimen for just shy of 3.5 weeks now, and life has gotten so much better already. Everything has pretty much gone just as Dan had outlined on the "what to expect" timeline. I've been suffering with moderate cystic acne for about 4 years, and I wish so badly I had found this site earlier. My cysts have calmed down so significantly, and it looks like I'll be completely clear of all active acne within the next 2 weeks. I am so happy with the results thus far, but unfortunately I am now left with minor rolling scars on my cheeks.

SO - is it safe to treat acne scars using a microneedling technique while on Dan's regimen? Are there any specific side effects that I may experience? (aside from the typical 2-3 days of redness and swelling, big whoop) NOTE - I will begin using the aha + glycolic acid staring in 2 days.

I just want to begin my healing process as quickly as possible, but want to ensure that I am doing it correctly.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/05/2017 9:57 am

Yes you can use Dan's regimen and microneedle (you do it once a month with 1.5mm and longer). When you spot treat your scars do not put the BP on them. If a zit occurs, spot treat it accordingly.

Please click on the faq in my below signature, read the microneedle section and click the link right there for the derminator. It addresses most of this.Side effects can be bruising, tiny scabbing as it heals, if your not clean with Hibiclens or Iodine / 91% Alchol bacteria. Make sure you wash your microneedle after every use. Many use the derminator from owndoc.com here as it's has disposable tips. Yes mainly "big whoop" side effects, nothing that bad.

AHA / Glycolic do not put on the area while treating, wait at least 2 weeks after microneedle. Let the blood from the microneedle spread and do not wipe it off. Let it dry and you can wash off in 3 or 4 hrs after. Use only Pure HA serum before & after the microneedle treatment.

Any topicals wait 12-24 hrs before applying on microneedle area.

MemberMember
(@improvedcat)

Posted : 03/28/2017 2:41 am

@beautifulambitionThanks a ton for the reply. So I have my first treatment scheduled for this Saturday, 04/01/2017. They will be using 2.5mm needles with the "Rejuvapen", and I just wanted to ask some last-minute questions.

1. So on Saturday morning before my appointment, should I just wash my face with the cleanser, skip the BP, and just moisturize?

2. After my appointment, should I only use the products that they have supplied for post-treatment care? I am worried that skipping an entire day of applying BP will lead to a breakout, a step in the wrong direction.

3. Any other last-minute tips that I should consider?? Everything helps.

Thanks so much for your help!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/28/2017 8:40 am

1) Typically they don't want anything on before a procedure. or at the very least they make you wash it off. If your a girl you can do eye makeup of course. Sure that is fine

2) Do not put BP on 24 hrs after the treatment, specifically on the areas they treated, every else you can put it on. If on the areas they treated you break out, you may spot treat just the zit. After 24 hrs sure you can BP but do not use scrubs or acids for at least 3- 7 days, until the areas is healed.

3) Nope,... microneedle is pretty easy, just hideout afterwards, sunscreen the days following, if you need a motrin or antihistamine go for it. Do not wash your face after they treat for at least 3 hrs.

MemberMember
(@improvedcat)

Posted : 04/16/2017 5:07 pm

Hey @beautifulambitionthanks for helping me out. so I am currently in the middle of my 10th week, and tomorrow at 11:00am is my first microneedling appointment. They're going to be using the Rejuvapen, with 2.5mm needles. I just have a couple of last minute questions - is it okay to be using BP / Glycolic acid tonight, even though it is the night-before? And for after the treatment, do I apply a full 2 pumps of BP 24 hours later?Also, I do have about 2 or 3 active spots, and I am very worried that the bacteria from them will spread during the procedure? What types of steps would you recommend that I take to avoid this at all costs? The doctor doing the procedure said that she'll send me home with an anti-inflammatory topical that should help with this, but I still want a second opinion.

Also, I want to maximize the results to their full potential, as I am absolutely dying to have my smooth-surfaced skin back as quickly as possible. So what can I do to do this? I plan on buying some Zinc supplements, and some powerful multi-vitamins to help with the cell turnover process, and I'm also doing a 0 sugar diet for a few weeks as well. I'd love to hear some more pointers on things that I can do to help me recover at the highest rate attainable.

Thank you so much, you have no idea how grateful I am for the support!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/17/2017 1:40 am

@ImprovedCatYou can spot treat zits. As a General Rule I would not put anything before or after your procedure. You may spot treat a zit if you need to but don't put it all over your face.

Again do not use it 24 hrs after the procedure, you can spot treat a zit.
Bacteria, please discuss with a doctor, make them aware of the bacteria concern. They have alcohol, hibiclens and iodine. Maybe your Dr will pop the pimple.
I don't know that you will have a smooth skin surface, you will get progressive improvement. Please read my FAQ under skin for how to recoverquicker.
MemberMember
(@sweet_sunshine)

Posted : 09/07/2018 4:55 pm

@ImprovedCatjust curious how your microneedlingtreatments went while on the regimen? How many treatments did you get? Did your skin break out after stopping the BP for 2 days? I am on a similar regimen and am going to get my first micro needling done on Wednesday and I'm also a little worried how my skin will react with 2-3 days of no bp.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/07/2018 6:13 pm

@sweet_sunshineYes you stop for your microneedling treatment. If any zits occur afterwards. When the skin is closed up, you can spot treat the zits. Just don't smear the material all over in that 24 hrs period. Within 24 hrs you can go back to your normal treatment unless your a slow healer.

MemberMember
(@sweet_sunshine)

Posted : 09/08/2018 7:32 pm

Thanks @beautifulambition!