Notifications
Clear all

Need help with skin

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 03/04/2017 12:04 am

Okay a friend invited me to her Zumba class tomorrow but I'm insecure about my skin because I had a bad reaction to some soap I used so my face is red peeling n my eyelids are raw n red plus I like her , what should I do, I want to go but my mind is so lost on what I should do. Should I wear makeup idk , thinking about making sorry excuse not to go. Sorry if this is not in the right thread but I'm lost.

MemberMember
(@aplentyknight)

Posted : 03/04/2017 12:32 am

Don't worry about it, life is too short. If redness is really bad just explain that you had a reaction to a soap, it really isn't a big deal (coming from a 19 y/o girls perspective)

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 03/04/2017 12:41 am

Go.

Your face is a little red and peeling? Think about all of the other faces at that zumba class that will be red and sweaty. People don't go to zumba classes to look at people's faces, people go for the exercise and to have fun. If she has a problem with your face, that's her problem. Go out there, be confident and have fun!
Also, try taking a NSAID (anti-inflammatory) such as advil or tylenol, it can help with the red/swelling.
Pack a ton of lotion on tonight, drink some water, and get some rest because you have a zumba class waiting for you tomorrow! Good luck.

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 03/04/2017 12:56 am

18 minutes ago, AplentyKnight said:

Don't worry about it, life is too short. If redness is really bad just explain that you had a reaction to a soap, it really isn't a big deal (coming from a 19 y/o girls perspective)

9 minutes ago, ohhhhhhnooooooo said:

Go.

Your face is a little red and peeling? Think about all of the other faces at that zumba class that will be red and sweaty. People don't go to zumba classes to look at people's faces, people go for the exercise and to have fun. If she has a problem with your face, that's her problem. Go out there, be confident and have fun!
Also, try taking a NSAID (anti-inflammatory) such as advil or tylenol, it can help with the red/swelling.
Pack a ton of lotion on tonight, drink some water, and get some rest because you have a zumba class waiting for you tomorrow! Good luck.

OMG thanks a lot everyone for the quick response, n yeah life is to short , I guess its time to nut up or shut up.