Notifications
Clear all

Healthier Diet giving me more pimples?!

MemberMember
(@shotput12)

Posted : 03/03/2017 11:07 am

I'm 18, went on accutane last year and i was pretty much clear from June '16 to Jan '17 (no big breakouts)

I basically ate Canes,Pizza,Popeyes,ChikfilA, Etc almost everyday during that time and had no breakouts. I'm going on vacation this summer and wanted to look my best so i completely cut out fast foods and only eat broccoli,fish,chicken etc in February. (I've lost around 13 lbs since january) But these past 3 weeks, i have broken out about 8-10 times and they are huge?!

It's so odd, i ate junk food every day for so long without break outs. Now when i finally eat vegetables, and cut out fast foods more and more i break out. My mom jokingly told me all the junk stored up and finally exploded on my face? LOL

MemberMember
(@realhammad)

Posted : 03/03/2017 5:14 pm

Same thing happened to me , 6 months ago when i started eating healthy things .I Started breakfast cereal with so many healthy vitamins. Lemon juice daily and then my skin breaked out badly, and then i stopped eating these things and got lil bit clear. i was fool and made my acne worse with exfoliators ,harsh cleansers and moistrizers, they made my acne more inflamed and more prone to scaring. so i decided to stop using everything and give my skin time to heal. and after 1,2 months im left with just hyperpigmentation and 6,7 scars.
if i had didnt used those products my skin should have flawless now like a baby skin but i had no one to tell me what to do now.so i panicked and jumped into acne medications/anti bacterial soaps etc.
so if you just breakout badly because of eating something(or stress or hormones ) wait at least 30 days before trying any treatment , i reconmend just wash your face with fresh water ..and (no soap or cleanser) for 30 days, and see how it goes.then one day you will remember me,
(Its my own experiance so i cant give gaurntee) but it is my advice to you.
(Sorry for pretty bad English.(hope u understand lol)

My dad also breaked out at the age of 17 . he had no money for treatment so he just washed face with water and his acne gone away in 4,5 months , and not even single scar left , my dad told me that after when i doned so many days of harsh treatments :'( now i regret badly. now im jeolous with my dad skin.
and im sad not because i got acne , im sad because i ruined my skin myself.
so all guys who reading this should not jump into antibiotics or harsh soaps/cleansers so fast. just wait 30-40 days .
because more inflamation=more scarring
acne soaps or cleansers cause inflamation and put u into risk of scarring
and also it make u more prone to acne..
Thanks for reading beautiful people.

MemberMember
(@o-wow)

Posted : 03/03/2017 10:05 pm

For diet, I'd try going Vegan, Organic, dairy-free, and gluten-free. Chicken and animal products are not necessarily healthy

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 03/03/2017 10:39 pm

The effects of Accutane seem to be diminishing. Your diet definitely will affect your skin but it seems like it's not helping you. Which products have you been using on your face?

MemberMember
(@newguy122)

Posted : 03/03/2017 11:35 pm

54 minutes ago, ohhhhhhnooooooo said:

The effects of Accutane seem to be diminishing. Your diet definitely will affect your skin but it seems like it's not helping you. Which products have you been using on your face?

I have been using Clean&Clear,Aveeno, cleansers and exfoliators. Now i stopped using those and switched to Cetaphil because my cousin recomend. I am starting to think the cause of my acne as of late is all the products i've been trying and using..

6 hours ago, RealHammad said:

Same thing happened to me , 6 months ago when i started eating healthy things .I Started breakfast cereal with so many healthy vitamins. Lemon juice daily and then my skin breaked out badly, and then i stopped eating these things and got lil bit clear. i was fool and made my acne worse with exfoliators ,harsh cleansers and moistrizers, they made my acne more inflamed and more prone to scaring. so i decided to stop using everything and give my skin time to heal. and after 1,2 months im left with just hyperpigmentation and 6,7 scars.
if i had didnt used those products my skin should have flawless now like a baby skin but i had no one to tell me what to do now.so i panicked and jumped into acne medications/anti bacterial soaps etc.
so if you just breakout badly because of eating something(or stress or hormones ) wait at least 30 days before trying any treatment , i reconmend just wash your face with fresh water ..and (no soap or cleanser) for 30 days, and see how it goes.then one day you will remember me,
(Its my own experiance so i cant give gaurntee) but it is my advice to you.
(Sorry for pretty bad English.(hope u understand lol)

My dad also breaked out at the age of 17 . he had no money for treatment so he just washed face with water and his acne gone away in 4,5 months , and not even single scar left , my dad told me that after when i doned so many days of harsh treatments :'( now i regret badly. now im jeolous with my dad skin.
and im sad not because i got acne , im sad because i ruined my skin myself.
so all guys who reading this should not jump into antibiotics or harsh soaps/cleansers so fast. just wait 30-40 days .
because more inflamation=more scarring
acne soaps or cleansers cause inflamation and put u into risk of scarring
and also it make u more prone to acne..
Thanks for reading beautiful people.

Thanks for the advice. I will try it, i have been using 3 types of cleansers, exfoliator past 1.5 month because it makes me feel clean..!

1 hour ago, O Wow said:

For diet, I'd try going Vegan, Organic, dairy-free, and gluten-free. Chicken and animal products are not necessarily healthy

My last girlfriend was a vegan, i love meat too much!

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 03/04/2017 12:32 am

Ok so the thing about using multiple products is that it's really hard to pinpoint what's causing the problem.
Yourbreakout can be caused by the irritation from the exfoliators. Try to exfoliate only once or twice a week.
Yeah it makes you feel clean but it can potentially damage your skin/irritate it.

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 03/04/2017 2:11 am

when you eat shit for so long and then cut it out completely, your body detoxes and your skin is the largest organ on your body so obviously some will come out that way. that happened to my sister in the exact same scenario she was on accutane and stayed clear then started the paleo diet that I've been on a while and she broke out for about 2 months because her body was getting out all the crap from other food. Id say eat healthy and keep a good skin care routine nothing too harsh and dont stress because it'll make it worse. drinking tons of water will help detox your body as well but i would wait a few months before doing anything drastic because adding back in chemicals if you don't actually need them could exacerbate your issue and then give you a real problem

MemberMember
(@newguy122)

Posted : 03/04/2017 9:16 pm

Body Detox/overwashing face

MemberMember
(@god1)

Posted : 03/05/2017 5:11 am

Chicken and animal products are not necessarily healthy

Think again!

Chicken, turkey and fish are the healthiest animal products.

ON:

Maybe it is the switching from junk food to healthy food and your body suffers a detoxification as you stopped inflammation throught bad diet or the side effects of Accutane.

MemberMember
(@shotput12)

Posted : 03/05/2017 1:11 pm

7 hours ago, God1 said:
Think again!

Chicken, turkey and fish are the healthiest animal products.

ON:

Maybe it is the switching from junk food to healthy food and your body suffers a detoxification as you stopped inflammation throught bad diet or the side effects of Accutane.

I think my problem was overwashing my face.. i used up to 3 diffrent products in a month everyday..

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 03/07/2017 12:49 pm

I think it may be possible that the Accutane (as well as the recent garbage) was storing in your fat cells. (Vitamin A is fat soluable.) So, you lose weight and the fat cells release it into your bloodstream, so you are reintroducing a mild Accutane purge.