Notifications
Clear all

Clogged pores?? Help

MemberMember
(@wiredcanteen)

Posted : 03/03/2017 10:19 am

I have been struggling with small bumps on my face for years and years. I never really cared too much about them until someone pointed them out. They are taking over my life and I really don't know how to get rid of them. I've tried a million different benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid cleansers and different home remedies. The texture of my bumpy skin is frustrating to say the leastimage.jpgimage.jpg. My skin is pretty oily, so I feel like it's probably clogged pores. Any suggestions? 

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/03/2017 2:16 pm

Hi.
Sorry that somebody has made a comment thats upset you. Have you tried ACV (apple cider vinegar)? Its ment to be very good for acne.

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 03/03/2017 2:42 pm

i am struggling with similar issues. do you know how long you've had them?

MemberMember
(@moomoocow)

Posted : 03/03/2017 11:42 pm

i have bazillion of them all over my face. Forget about topicals, i've tried all of them, its minimally effective at best. It's either accutane or long term facials to get rid of them.

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 03/03/2017 11:44 pm

i have the same thing. I'm even on accutane and it isn't doing much for them :( i have tried so many things I'm not sure what they are or what in the world will get rid of them

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 03/04/2017 12:44 am

Looks like whiteheads that haven't reached the surface of the skin. Topical retinols such as RETIN-A and TRETINOIN are really good for these types of situations. Talk to your dermatology, it doesn't look severe enough for accutane. I also recommend you trying to open up the pores by sitting in a sauna/steam room or running in-door on a treadmill.

MemberMember
(@99problemsgirl)

Posted : 03/04/2017 5:01 pm

Hi, I'm so sorry someone had to point that out to you that's so not cool. Anyway I think what it looks like is it could be Malassezia Folliculitis which is a fungal infection on the skin. I have recently researched this because I thought I had this myself due to a cluster of little spots on my cheek that suddenly occurred. I research I saw recommended a colon anti fungal cleanse to get rid of any parasites causing this effect on your skin. You could maybe research this yourself and see if it's credible to your experience. I, myself have decided to do a colon cleanse (I purchased some supplements off eBay) just in case, it also seems it is a good way to get rid of toxins too. I hope you find the answer to your problem :)

MemberMember
(@getridofthis007)

Posted : 03/07/2017 12:11 am

Tretinoin as mentioned.

MemberMember
(@honeymoon)

Posted : 03/07/2017 3:24 am

What's your current skincare regimen? For me, natural products tend to work best on my skin. I have pretty oily/acne prone skin and using the wrong product product results in clogging my pores. I recently started using raw virgin coconut oil as a daily moisturizer and it stopped my face from breaking out. For face wash, I use Herbalism from Lush. It's a bit pricey but I don't care because it works. I can't put a price on my face as it is the first thing that people notice when they gaze upon me. Oh and, drink a lot of water. You've probably heard this one before. ;) 

I've tried everything and nothing ever worked. Mind you, I've ben battling with acne since Grade 8 and I'm 23 now.

Rachie39 liked
MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/07/2017 3:45 am

21 minutes ago, Honeymoon said:

What's your current skincare regimen? For me, natural products tend to work best on my skin. I have pretty oily/acne prone skin and using the wrong product product results in clogging my pores. I recently started using raw virgin coconut oil as a daily moisturizer and it stopped my face from breaking out. For face wash, I use Herbalism from Lush. It's a bit pricey but I don't care because it works. I can't put a price on my face as it is the first thing that people notice when they gaze upon me. Oh and, drink a lot of water. You've probably heard this one before. ;) 

I've tried everything and nothing ever worked. Mind you, I've ben battling with acne since Grade 8 and I'm 23 now.

I definitely agree with the natural products. Ive just started using avocado oil, coconut oil and manuka honey as a face wash/mask each day and night (I switch between them and only use one at a time ofcourse.) Along with ACV as a toner and jojoba oil as a moisturizer. It works really well. But I also strongly recommend drinking alot of water. Thats probably one of the most important things to do for acne. I drink 3 Litres a day. Its helped alot and I have very stubborn acne that started in grade 9 or 10 and im now 31, and think ive finally figured out natural works best.

Honeymoon liked
MemberMember
(@honeymoon)

Posted : 03/07/2017 1:49 pm

9 hours ago, Rachie39 said:
I definitely agree with the natural products. Ive just started using avocado oil, coconut oil and manuka honey as a face wash/mask each day and night (I switch between them and only use one at a time ofcourse.) Along with ACV as a toner and jojoba oil as a moisturizer. It works really well. But I also strongly recommend drinking alot of water. Thats probably one of the most important things to do for acne. I drink 3 Litres a day. Its helped alot and I have very stubborn acne that started in grade 9 or 10 and im now 31, and think ive finally figured out natural works best.

Good stuff! I need to jump on the manuka honey bandwagon -- whenever I do research on natural products, it keeps coming up. I've tried ACV years  ago (used it topically and as a drink) but I had to stop because I hated the smell. I'm gonna have to go back to it somehow. However, I need to find a way to will make it smell nicer. :)