Notifications
Clear all

I'm embarrassed by my acne

MemberMember
(@lilywoodall0206gmail-com)

Posted : 02/28/2017 5:03 pm

I am 13 years old and I have tried every skin care product in boots! My bright red acne sits on my Tzone, either side of my nose around my mouth and my chin. I have had so many ppl comment on my skin and I have just broke down and cried because I am so ashamed of my face, knocking my self confidence back down to zero. I have tried having a healthy diet for a whole 2 months and nothing changed, I have tried no make up days and still nothing changed! I try to hide my spots by using make up and still more comments are said. I know that most of the replies to this will be "oh it's just your hormones" "it will disappear when your older" I just desperately want it gone now!! I am surrounded by ppl who have the most beautiful skin and sadly I feel like I have nobody to reach out to or talk to other than my dermatologist who has prescribed me zincerite (please excuse the spelling) it has changed my skin slightly however if anyone had any advice about what to say back to someone who does comment you will be a massive help!
Lily x

MemberMember
(@harleyz)

Posted : 02/28/2017 6:16 pm

Hi Lily I'm really sorry to hear that. It is true that your acne is very likely due to hormones, but it does not mean that you should just let it happen. I started getting acne at the age of 14, and my mom did not let me use any makeup/treatment for it because she believed that it would go away on its own. Well guess what I'm 22 this year and my face is broken out in severe cystic acne still. I'd say definitely keep in touch with your derm. It may take a long time for you to find a treatment that works. It could be as simple as cutting out dairy, or as hardcore as going on the most powerful drug out there (isotretinoin), which I'm about to do since all of the other treatments failed. I guess the most important thing is to not let acne atop you from doing things that you want to do, such as socializing and getting your work done. You are young and beautiful, and as long as you keep searching, there's got to be a way to fix the problem. Fingers crossed for you. Hope you get your flawless skin back soon.

MemberMember
(@putmeoutofmymiserynow)

Posted : 03/01/2017 12:45 am

said:I am 13 years old and I have tried every skin care product in boots! My bright red acne sits on my Tzone, either side of my nose around my mouth and my chin. I have had so many ppl comment on my skin and I have just broke down and cried because I am so ashamed of my face, knocking my self confidence back down to zero. I have tried having a healthy diet for a whole 2 months and nothing changed, I have tried no make up days and still nothing changed! I try to hide my spots by using make up and still more comments are said. I know that most of the replies to this will be "oh it's just your hormones" "it will disappear when your older" I just desperately want it gone now!! I am surrounded by ppl who have the most beautiful skin and sadly I feel like I have nobody to reach out to or talk to other than my dermatologist who has prescribed me zincerite (please excuse the spelling) it has changed my skin slightly however if anyone had any advice about what to say back to someone who does comment you will be a massive help!Lily x

please do not get too stress because stress is not good for acne

also be careful about the types of make up you use

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 03/01/2017 3:20 pm

I am so sorry to hear you are suffering. I would say connecting with other acne sufferers like on this website helped me so much when I was going through cystic acne. I was able to feel understood and felt other members' support. Big hug to you sweetie. Do know itgets better.

MemberMember
(@ariunbold)

Posted : 03/06/2017 10:40 am

Im so sorry to hear that. You are still so young and be careful about make up. And having acne is like fighting war. Dont let acne win. Try to find right regimen and stick to it. And be patient. Some treatment will take a time to work. I'd say steer clear for heavy chemical stuff and antibiotics. Stick with more gentle and healthy stuff. And if you really need to wear make up just wear light amount. People might say something rude about your acne but dont take it hard and try not to hurt yourself. Im 22 and still has fairly bad acne. And even worse is im east asian who living in europe. Everyone will look and stare at me. But i stopped giving sh!t about it.