Help and advice nee...

Notifications
Clear all

Help and advice needed

MemberMember
(@mr1997)

Posted : 02/28/2017 11:22 am

Hi,

Basically, I am a women in need. I have had acne since I was 11 (I'm now 19). It used to be extremely bad- I have tried so many products, been on so many courses of treatment from my GP. I was referred to a dermatologist and usedroacutane. I am pleased to say this got my skin to a manageable condition when I was 15. But since then I have constantly had fluctuating skin, with my now being at the stage where I am getting acne all over my face, neck and chest.

I feel like my oily skin has such a huge role in this. Within 20 minutes of me washing my face it is covered with oil. Not only is this embarrassing it is actually gross. If you have oily skin you know the drill. Like this much oil is not normal!!! I was wondering if anyone had any helpful at home tips to attempt to reduce it? I feel like I'm hitting brick walls.

Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/28/2017 12:33 pm

1 hour ago, mr1997 said:

Hi,

Basically, I am a women in need. I have had acne since I was 11 (I'm now 19). It used to be extremely bad- I have tried so many products, been on so many courses of treatment from my GP. I was referred to a dermatologist and usedroacutane. I am pleased to say this got my skin to a manageable condition when I was 15. But since then I have constantly had fluctuating skin, with my now being at the stage where I am getting acne all over my face, neck and chest.

I feel like my oily skin has such a huge role in this. Within 20 minutes of me washing my face it is covered with oil. Not only is this embarrassing it is actually gross. If you have oily skin you know the drill. Like this much oil is not normal!!! I was wondering if anyone had any helpful at home tips to attempt to reduce it? I feel like I'm hitting brick walls.

Thank you!!

Hello! Try vitamin D it will cure any excess oil you have! I bet you are deficient where do you live?

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 03/01/2017 7:09 pm

What products are you using? How is the temperature/climate/humidity like in your area? How are your hormone levels?

MemberMember
(@shyshortstop)

Posted : 03/04/2017 4:01 pm

Hi,

the first thing you need to do, is to identify the source of your oily skin and acne. Please don't spend money on commercial products before you find the root cause of the problem. Acne and Oily skin don't happen on their own. You don't want to cure Acne and Oily skin because you already did that before withroacutane. You can cure them again with a new round of roacutane. However, they are just symptoms of something wrong going on in your body, and will always come back until you find the original cause and cure it.Please, don't fall into a trap like most people do on this message board, and that's when they are desperate and doridiculous things in order to get rid of oily skin(oil is actually called sebum) by overdosing on vitamin supplements like Vitamin A and Vitamin B5. That's the same thing as takingroacutane, and it will never fix the problem.

In most cases, it is the hormone imbalance that causes oily skin and acne. It doesn't have to be in your case, but it's a smart move to check that first. So, talk to your doctor and tell her that you want to check all the relevant hormones(Estradiol, Progesterone, Testosterone, DHEAS, Cortisol, Free T4, Free T3, TSH, Vitamin D2/D3) . If you're lucky, you just might be Vitamin D deficient, which can be easily solved.

Also, very important thing is your diet. Everyone will tell you that sugar is very bad for you, stay away from anything that contains refined sugar(soda, candy, etc).

That's just a start, good luck!

MemberMember
(@thatrealoilygirl)

Posted : 03/09/2017 11:43 pm

Oh my gosh I cannot tell you how stressed I get about my genetically oily skin. Minutes after I wash my face with mild cleanser, it's already greasy and gross. If this helps you, for a temporary help (does not get rid of oil permanently:( ), I like to use the Porefessional primer by Benefit, and it really makes a big change in how greasy ur skin looks. I went a day w/out it, and I saw how it much oil the primer was actually preventing. It also makes ur pores much less visible;)I hope this helps! ... I know, I really want a permanent solution to this too!