Notifications
Clear all

Supplements whilst on roaccutane

MemberMember
(@samia1138)

Posted : 02/27/2017 2:07 pm

I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place, sorry. However I am due to start roaccutane next week and I'm wondering if the supplements I take at the moment for my hair would still be okay to use??

they are these

http://www.iherb.com/pr/Country-Life-Maxi-Hair-Plus-120-Veggie-Caps/42190

any advice would be much appreciated as my dermatologist didn't really give me much information at all

MemberMember
(@lordschweitzer)

Posted : 03/01/2017 11:59 pm

You're supposed to avoid vitamin a while on accutane, and since these have 100% of your vitamin a for the day, it would probably be best to steer clear of these until your course ends :)

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 03/02/2017 8:32 am

Maybe switch to viviscal for hair! Doesn't contain vitamin A (But is a pretty pricey supplement)

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 03/02/2017 8:53 am

Also, I don't want to scare you but I went on an 8 month course at 40mg and I have lost 60% of my hair. If you love your hair (which it sounds like you do since you take supplements already), ONLY go on accutane if you absolutely need to. If your acne is mild, try something else first. I just want to warn as many people as possible - i had the thickest, most gorgeous long silky hair and accutane has DESTROYED it. I've been off the drug for 6 months and my hair is still falling out heavily.. including 2cm long regrowth that should be replacing the hair I've lost :((((. I'm scared for the future and realise that this may never even end.