Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizing

MemberMember
(@hello_friend)

Posted : 02/27/2017 11:56 am

Hi,
I'm am using BP to control my acne last couple of months/half a year. I only apply BP before going to bed. However, I can't use moisturizer when I have BP on my face, because my face is pretty dry after washing it.

So every night I first wash my face with a cleanser and than I use directly BP. The next morning I apply moisturizer but sometimes I have to apply pretty much moisturizer because my face is so dry. Can to much moisturizer cause breakouts? Or is there any other way to use my moisturizer?

Thanks!!!

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 02/27/2017 1:48 pm

Hey! Sorry, but I am a little confused when you say that you can't use moisturizer because your skin is too dry? That seems like a direct contradiction. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

To start, your skin should not feel dry or tight after washing it. If that is the case, you should switch to a more gentle cleanser. Your skin should feel clean but not "stripped" of moisture. Next, I would apply moisturizer first right after washing, let it sink into your skin, and then apply the BP. I know many people do the reverse, but I've always had better luck combating dryness/irritation when doing it this way. And it doesn't make the medication any less effective.

Too much of any product can cause breakouts. I think that if you try the above 2 suggestions, it will help with the dryness that you are experiencing so that you won't feel like you need to put so much on in the morning.