Notifications
Clear all

Acne - Masturbation Link?

MemberMember
(@encakcuf45)

Posted : 02/25/2017 4:09 pm

I was wondering if any fellow male acne sufferers observe any correlation between masturbation and clogging of the pores/pimples/acne. I am not 100% sure there is a positive correlation between the two, but i am somewhat convinced that the more you masturbate the more you breakout. Currently wanting to seriously abstain, I have tried multiple times and never went past a week. In the couple of days I do go without ejaculating there is a decrease in pimple outbreaks. I know there is no solid research that backs this claim, but obviously I am not the only one who has observed this correlation. Wish me luck in my quest to abstain for at least a month, in a month I will update you guys on the results.

MemberMember
(@josh_hockey)

Posted : 02/26/2017 12:02 am

I know people say it's farfatched but I believe in my own personal opinion that there's a correlation. I've been a chronic mastbator since high school. I got acne when I was 18, and due to it ruining my life my masturbation increased. Once I got a girlfriend my mastorbation decreased and so did my acne. Fast forward a few years, I did no PMO for 30 days. MY was 90% clear, confidence was high. I went through a difficult time in my life and starting mastorbation again. My acne is the worst it's been in years. It's so bad I've stopped going to the gym and my work and social life has suffered. I want to stop masturbating so I can have clear skin again, but it's so hard because I'm so depressed, I'm in a stupid cycle of relapsing, it sucks so badly.

There will always be a light at the end of the tunnel I hope, I feel like such a monster.

MemberMember
(@josh_hockey)

Posted : 02/26/2017 12:13 am

I have oh and did I mention, I got to the gym 5X a week, eat extremely clean, drink gallons of water. Shower every day, wash my sheets. Practice clean shaving habits. Only thing I do touch my face way too often, and I only do it because I feel for new bumps. Which is stupid I know. But you'd still look at my face and assume I'm doing something wrong.

MemberMember
(@encakcuf45)

Posted : 02/26/2017 7:55 pm

I feel ya buddy, I just wanna be a normal human with no acne and eat all the things I love and do all the things I love without being afraid of the repercussions 

Vida26204 liked
MemberMember
(@goodfella72)

Posted : 02/26/2017 9:35 pm

I don't know man, I feel like if masturbation led to acne every single male over the age of like 14 would be covered with zits lol. Personally, I never noticed a correlation, but different things effect different people in different ways.

Also, the correlation might not be between masturbation and acne. There could be another factor affecting them both: hormones. Science has shown us that an increase in hormones causes acne. It also increases our sexual arousal which leads to masturbation. So I think the correlation isn't masturbation-acne, but hormones-acne.

MemberMember
(@dogbb7)

Posted : 02/27/2017 2:44 pm

I suffered from masturbation - acne link too. I got Accutane, i`m in month 3 week 1, got 20mg first month per day and 30mg second&third month, i plan to get same amount for more 3 months, until month 6. No more pimples from month 2.
Why do you think acne stopped even it was caused by masturbation? How does accutane work with acne-masturbation link?