Accutane Day 9

MemberMember
(@lydia_tank)

Posted : 02/24/2017 8:32 pm

I am now 9 days on 40mg of accutane for my moderate cystic acne and severe comedoneal acne on my back, arms, chest, neck, and face.  I will be documenting my progress through this website and hopefully seeing results as I go along. Wish me luck! So far my side effects are dry peeling face, peeling dry lips, and what seems to be an initial breakout on my jawline and sides of my face.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 02/26/2017 9:47 am

On 25/02/2017 at 7:02 AM, Lydia_tank said:

I am now 9 days on 40mg of accutane for my moderate cystic acne and severe comedoneal acne on my back, arms, chest, neck, and face.  I will be documenting my progress through this website and hopefully seeing results as I go along. Wish me luck! So far my side effects are dry peeling face, peeling dry lips, and what seems to be an initial breakout on my jawline and sides of my face.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

be prepared for the dryness..lol..but atleast you dont have any deep kind of scars so thats good..anyway..good luck!

MemberMember
(@lydia_tank)

Posted : 02/27/2017 2:06 pm

I'm washing with an oil cleanser for dryness haha. Yeah most of them turn into scabs and peel off after a week or two. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 03/01/2017 1:52 pm

On 28/02/2017 at 0:36 AM, Lydia_tank said:

I'm washing with an oil cleanser for dryness haha. Yeah most of them turn into scabs and peel off after a week or two. Thank you!

nice..keep the blog updated!

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 03/01/2017 3:56 pm

Several Derms have documented that dry, peeling skin means the drug is being absorbed properly and anecdotal evidence indicates that those people have a very good chance of long term success post accutane! 

I wash with an oil cleanser as well and it has definitely helped with dryness. I'm using blistex from my lips and have about 10 lip chaps around my house/car haha. Best of luck with your course :)

MemberMember
(@lydia_tank)

Posted : 03/01/2017 10:45 pm

6 hours ago, tranceaddict said:

Several Derms have documented that dry, peeling skin means the drug is being absorbed properly and anecdotal evidence indicates that those people have a very good chance of long term success post accutane! 

I wash with an oil cleanser as well and it has definitely helped with dryness. I'm using blistex from my lips and have about 10 lip chaps around my house/car haha. Best of luck with your course :)

Well that gives me hope! I'm using aquaphor for my lips and it seems to work decently. Thank you! 

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 03/02/2017 2:49 am

10 hours ago, tranceaddict said:

what cleanser can i use apart from cetaphil gentle one?

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 03/02/2017 12:25 pm

9 hours ago, eternalrocket said:
20 hours ago, tranceaddict said:

what cleanser can i use apart from cetaphil gentle one?

Any oil free cleanser should work. Check out some reviews on this site's product reviews for cleansers. Should find one that fits what you need!

MemberMember
(@cisco21)

Posted : 03/06/2017 9:12 pm

I am on day 24 of my first month, and i am also experiencing really dry/flaking skin. What oil cleansers are you guys using? and i always thought oil cleansers broke you out. I am using cerave gentle foaming cleanser at the moment

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 03/07/2017 12:18 am

3 hours ago, Cisco21 said:

I am on day 24 of my first month, and i am also experiencing really dry/flaking skin. What oil cleansers are you guys using? and i always thought oil cleansers broke you out. I am using cerave gentle foaming cleanser at the moment

I am using Cetaphil oily skin cleanser and CeraVe moisturizing lotion and I have been flake free! The key is to apply to moisturizer liberally right after patting your face dry post shower (or washing your face).

MemberMember
(@lydia_tank)

Posted : 03/22/2017 1:29 pm

On 3/6/2017 at 9:12 PM, Cisco21 said:

This is my current face wash and moisturizer! They don't seem to be breaking me out and the Clinique moisturizer is really impressive!

IMG_6745.JPG