Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PetPeeve

Youtuber Mariah Ximena explains her needling process

Her explanation seems pretty basic. Not much in the knowledge, but I just found this interesting seeing that I don't see many scar sufferers speaking about their self-treated process on YouTube. If you look at her before and after videos, she has pics on her scarring. It's actually pretty impressive results. 

Just thought I'd share in case ya'll haven't seen it:

I find the single needles from the derminator pretty shitty tbh. The needles don't come out. Yes, the first few times, but after that the needle don't puncture anything. I tested it on my hand and on a piece of paper with the 2.0 mm. 

You can also buy manual ones from their site like the girl has, I do subcision more than a tiny needle, but I agree a manual needle even a standard one would be better than the derminator for control. I don't like that the derminators single needles are flexible, it should be solid on a stamping device. If you look in the cone area.  

The single needles that own doc are selling right now are from a bad batch or something? 

Anyway, yesterday i tried to single needle for the first time with a 31 g diabetic needle and it didn't work for me i guess. I did a few pricks but i found it scary :') I also didn't see the edges well while stretching, so that is why i stopped. 

I ordered needles over a year ago, so maybe she has changed them. I know the derminator ones sucked, but the ones that are manual are ok. \

Yah can be hard if you don't know the anatomy, or use numbing cream. Tethers are deeper than the shallow epidermis.

It can be, it's not as good as a experienced dr with subcision. There are parts in the face that can make you go blind or die, Drs know. The needles she uses are very superficial and would do nothing for major scars.  

With subcision you are literally cutting the bands that hold down the scar to induce collagen. With single needling and needling you are crushing/stabbing them apart (mush) to induce collagen.

Scissor cutting vs Knife stabbing

Although subcision is better to go to a doctor since this procedure is more complicated and carries bigger risks. Nevertheless, my experience with doctors is the fact that they aren't really careful with that either. You might faint when doing it to yourself though haha. Not a good idea overall. 

OK folks....remember that there are no doctors on the site and definitely nobody here is qualified to give advice on undertaking any surgical type procedures.  Nobody should be attempting any surgical procedures on themselves.  Remember that doctors have years of training and if they do certain procedures routinely they may appear to be casual about what they are undertaking but they have the underlying knowledge to avoid causing any harm.  Please do consult with your doctor about what is safe to carry out at home and what should be done by medical professionals.