Notifications
Clear all

need to talk to someone who understands

MemberMember
(@putmeoutofmymiserynow)

Posted : 02/24/2017 5:20 am

27 years old woman with severe acne needs to talk to someone who understands

P.S. I had wrote down paragraphs about me and when I tried to post it but it did not go threw and I do not have the emotional strength to write down all that again right now

MemberMember
(@putmeoutofmymiserynow)

Posted : 02/24/2017 5:43 am

27 year old woman with severe acne and I desperately need to talk to someone who understands because nobody in my life does. I have tried: accutane, acne.org, doxycycline, birth control, benzoyl peroxide, retinoid, light therapy, dermabrasion, a low glycemic low calorie vegan diet, ect. Nothing works for pimples just scars and when I get new pimples I end up getting scars again, I have seen dermatologists and plastic surgeons completely dumbfounded to just how treatment resistant my acne is. I am the only one in my family with acne. My hormones are fine. I take extremely good care of my skin. I am on a low glycemic low calories vegan diet. I drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. I work out everyday. I wash my face 1 to 24 times a week. I shower 1 to 21 times a week. I change my pillow cast everyday. I do not wear make up. I have never wore make up ever. I do not use hair products. I once shaved my head to see if my hair is the problem. I once gone a month without washing my face to see if that would help. I once gone threw 2 weeks without showering to see if that would help. My parents have spent so many money trying to fix my skin. I try so hard just to not be rewarded for my efforts. I get at least one pimples a week. At least. Is there a simple tip I have not tried ? Fload me with tips I am desperate.

MemberMember
(@user575527)

Posted : 02/24/2017 8:48 am

Some people go through a second course of Accutane. Did you take enough of a cumulative dose? Also, did you take your pills with a high-fat meal?

Your face washing and showering seems chaotic. I would stick to washing my face in the morning and showering at night. Or vice versa. Washing your face too many times can be irritating. Perhaps use a fragrance-free soap and fragrance-free moisturiser.

You could look up "NinaAndRanda" on YouTube. They cured their severe acne by changing their diet. You can also post your diet and grocery list here and people can try and help see if their is anything that you should eliminate.

Have you had your allergies tested? Do you sleep well? One of the hardest, but best, things to do is to reduce stress and be optimistic. Lots of people have acne caused by stress.

Laser has worked well for a lot of people, too. Maybe consider Isolaz. Perhaps using birth control could also help. I have female friends who use birth control to stop breakouts.

I hope we can find something that works for you.

MemberMember
(@putmeoutofmymiserynow)

Posted : 02/24/2017 9:44 am

1 minute ago, AlexxelA said:

Some people go through a second course of Accutane. Did you take enough of a cumulative dose? Also, did you take your pills with a high-fat meal?

Your face washing and showering seems chaotic. I would stick to washing my face in the morning and showering at night. Or vice versa. Washing your face too many times can be irritating. Perhaps use a fragrance-free soap and fragrance-free moisturiser.

You could look up "NinaAndRanda" on YouTube. They cure their severe acne by changing their diet. You can also post your diet and grocery list here and people can try and help see if their is anything that you should eliminate.

Have you had your allergies tested? Do you sleep well? One of the hardest, but best, things to do is to reduce stress and be optimistic. Lots of people have acne caused by stress.

Laser has worked well for a lot of people, too. Maybe consider Isolaz. Perhaps using birth control could also help. I have female friends who use birth control to stop breakouts.

I hope we can find something that works for you.

I could try accutane again. Is a low glycemic low calorie vegan diet a good diet for taking accutane ? I have tried laser and they get rids of a lot of my scars but not my pimples. I am careful to not wash my face too much. I try to wash my face as little as possible and practical. I do use fragrance -free soap and fragrance-free moisturiser. I have my had an allergy test already and nothing. Birth control doesn't help me. What is isolaz ? I do sleep well. I am very stressed because of my acne.

My diet: A low glycemic index low calorie vegan diet. Between 800 to 1800 calories per day. Grapes, apples, oranges, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, mangoes, tomatoes, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, garlic, onions, peaches, carrots, peanuts, almonds, ect. I take vegan protein supplements, grape seed extract, and multivitamines. I drink green tea, black tea, chamomile tea, ginger tea, peppermint tea, and spearmint tea everyday. I drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.

My health: Aside from acne, my doctors have not found any other chronic disease. I rarely get colds and flus. Doctors are usually impressed by my health and fitness. My body masss index is 22. I have an aerobic capacity of of 81.7 mL/kg?minVO2 max). My average resting heart rate is 35 beats per minute. I work out everyday. My equipment is cleaned ever time I use it. I always wear clean work out clothes.

My acne: Officially diagnosed by a doctor as acne vulgaris. Started at 10 years old after my first period. Places where I get a lot of zits are: face, upper neck, upper chest, arms, shoulders, and back. Places where I get a little amount of zits are: armpits, between my thighs, and vagina. Pimples are red, hard, painful, and itchy. My skin is very greasy. My pores are huge despite efforts to reduce them. I have never been a pimple popper. I leave my pimples alone. My acne is at it's worst during my period.

MemberMember
(@user575527)

Posted : 02/24/2017 9:56 am

Is a low glycemic low calorie vegan diet a good diet for taking accutane ?If you are going to keep with that diet ( which is very good ), I would ask your dermatologist if you could take Absorica. This is aversion of accutane that absorbs better than other brands of accutane if you are fasting or eating low-fat meals, but you should always take accutane with a meal. Although, a study showed that if you do eat a high-fat meal and take Abosrica it is lessefficient that taking the other brands with a high-fat meal. If I were you though, I would take Absorica and not change my diet.

I have tried laser and they get rids of a lot of my scars but not my pimples.What is isolaz ? I do sleep well. I am very stressed because of my acne. You should never use laser to treat scars whilst you still have pimples. That will have probably made things worse.Isolaz is a laser that dermatologists use to treat acne. If the lasers that you have used helped your scars, then you probably got the wrong lasertreatment. There are lasers out there to treat acne, and lasers that help with scarring.Isolaz was suggested tosomeone on Realself as the best laser to use, as this person did not want to use Accutane.

I am very stressed because of my acne.This is, of course, understandable, but try your hardest to notstress out and know that there will be a cure for you. You are still young and have so much time and happiness ahead after this phase passes. And it will.

My diet: A low glycemic index low calorie vegan diet. Between 800 to 1800 calories per day. Grapes, apples, oranges, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, mangoes, tomatoes, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, garlic, onions, peaches, carrots, peanuts, almonds, ect. I take vegan protein supplements, grape seed extract, and multivitamines. I drink green tea, black tea, chamomile tea, ginger tea, peppermint tea, and spearmint tea everyday. I drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.Could peanuts becausing a reaction? Also I have heard of people reacting badly to green tea, this may also hold for other types of tea. You couldexperiment and just drink water and see if that helps.

My skin is very greasy.Perhaps a second course of Accutane is for you.

MemberMember
(@putmeoutofmymiserynow)

Posted : 02/24/2017 10:39 am

42 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Is a low glycemic low calorie vegan diet a good diet for taking accutane ?If you are going to keep with that diet ( which is very good ), I would ask your dermatologist if you could take Absorica. This is aversion of accutane that absorbs better than other brands of accutane if you are fasting or eating low-fat meals, but you should always take accutane with a meal. Although, a study showed that if you do eat a high-fat meal and take Abosrica it is lessefficient that taking the other brands with a high-fat meal. If I were you though, I would take Absorica and not change my diet.

I have tried laser and they get rids of a lot of my scars but not my pimples.What is isolaz ? I do sleep well. I am very stressed because of my acne. You should never use laser to treat scars whilst you still have pimples. That will have probably made things worse.Isolaz is a laser that dermatologists use to treat acne. If the lasers that you have used helped your scars, then you probably got the wrong lasertreatment. There are lasers out there to treat acne, and lasers that help with scarring.Isolaz was suggested tosomeone on Realself as the best laser to use, as this person did not want to use Accutane.

I am very stressed because of my acne.This is, of course, understandable, but try your hardest to notstress out and know that there will be a cure for you. You are still young and have so much time and happiness ahead after this phase passes. And it will.

My diet: A low glycemic index low calorie vegan diet. Between 800 to 1800 calories per day. Grapes, apples, oranges, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, mangoes, tomatoes, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, garlic, onions, peaches, carrots, peanuts, almonds, ect. I take vegan protein supplements, grape seed extract, and multivitamines. I drink green tea, black tea, chamomile tea, ginger tea, peppermint tea, and spearmint tea everyday. I drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.Could peanuts becausing a reaction? Also I have heard of people reacting badly to green tea, this may also hold for other types of tea. You couldexperiment and just drink water and see if that helps.

My skin is very greasy.Perhaps a second course of Accutane is for you.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@putmeoutofmymiserynow)

Posted : 02/24/2017 1:00 pm

Just so nobody gets the wrong idea my profile picture is from about a year ago and that is the mildest my facial acne had been since I was 10. That is my best picture since my acne started. That picture was taken after a dermatological procedure. I was so hopeful that my facial acne would at least stay like that but I was sourly disappointed.

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 04/12/2017 1:32 pm

Fruits. Most of those are full of sugar. I would def try to cut those down if not out. Try just veggies, eggs, and if you can, I would put lean meats straight from a deli that have zero hormones in them back into your diet. I know how it feels. It sucks. Mine causes me EXTREME anxiety at times.