Notifications
Clear all

Scar treatment with Tapan Patel

MemberMember
(@meeso)

Posted : 02/23/2017 6:34 pm

Has anyone seen Tapan Patel lately for scar treatment? I'm booked in a couple of weeks. I was recommended a new(ish) treatment called HIFU together with radiesse & needling.thannks!

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 02/23/2017 11:06 pm

4 hours ago, meeso said:

Has anyone seen Tapan Patel lately for scar treatment? I'm booked in a couple of weeks. I was recommended a new(ish) treatment called HIFU together with radiesse & needling.thannks!

Hey I honestly wouldn't waste your time and money with tapan Patel. Only once you have successfully identified your type of scars can a suggestion be made on what to do and who to see. Post a picture if your unsure.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/24/2017 6:37 am

HIFU is for people who have saggy skin (older people) I don't see HIFU helping with acne scars. INFINI RF would be a better treatment with microneedles as it can be controlled more at various depths. I don't likeradiesse it's for on bone injections. I much perfer HA which is dissolving if any error or issueor sculptra which is for fat loss. Subcision and filler work great together. Let us know if the HIFU works for you.

meeso liked
MemberMember
(@meeso)

Posted : 02/24/2017 10:51 am

Thanks
@hope1- I'll post some pics later; I'm booked in for 2 weeks time: HIFU-filler(radiesse) - needling in one session; I did ask why not Infini and reply I got was this was "based on consultation with other doctors, this is a better option"

@beautifulambition- I did ask about infini; I pigment very easily so maybe he's taking a safer route?
The procedure is : HIFU- filler- needling; I asked about subcision and he said the filler would tether scar tissue; I've read that with enerjet.

Thank you you both for taking time out to help! I'm based in the U .K and can't find anyone who does subcision; I've had dermaroller with Dr Chu in the past. I have lost volume in my skin due to running etc and he said my scars improve on stretching so fillers would be good;

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 02/24/2017 11:41 am

46 minutes ago, meeso said:

Thanks
@hope1- I'll post some pics later; I'm booked in for 2 weeks time: HIFU-filler(radiesse) - needling in one session; I did ask why not Infini and reply I got was this was "based on consultation with other doctors, this is a better option"

@beautifulambition- I did ask about infini; I pigment very easily so maybe he's taking a safer route?
The procedure is : HIFU- filler- needling; I asked about subcision and he said the filler would tether scar tissue; I've read that with enerjet.

Thank you you both for taking time out to help! I'm based in the U .K and can't find anyone who does subcision; I've had dermaroller with Dr Chu in the past. I have lost volume in my skin due to running etc and he said my scars improve on stretching so fillers would be good;

Hey meeso I am also from the U.K. I no it's hard trying to find someone good hear but get those pics whenever you can it will be easier to see what plan you should take from there.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/25/2017 8:25 am

Infini is for all skin types, ... I would think he does not have the machine and thus is pushing the machine he does have HIFU. I may be impressed. Like Hope says it would be nice to see your photos close up of your scars, and see the results so we can be objective on the treatment. I have heard of combos before, but never with HIFU as that is not as controllable as RF microneedle and can go quite deep for those who are old and saggy.

Dr Chu does subcision I am told. We also have a doctor now in Denmark. Please see the signature below, faq, and the bottom references. Always trying to add more contacts in Europe, hard to find good doctors.