Notifications
Clear all

Diary of a male acne sufferer

MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 02/22/2017 11:21 am

I never thought I'd do this but I had to take this out somewhere. I've barely talked about acne to anyone, except my brother. I am a 20 year old male suffering from acne for about three years now. At the beginning it was very mild and I could barely notice it but it continually got worse. Until the last 6 months I never missed school, parties, meetings, going out for coffee and anything else because I pretty much didn't care about my acne and I got used to it... I never took a diet for acne and I barely used cream or moisturizers for my face... About 4 months ago I started using accutane because my skin got pretty bad. I started with a low dose of 20mg and I was hoping to finally get rid of my acne. On the third month I increased my dosage to 40mg and that's when I started breaking out even more... I haven't seen any improvements yet and my face is much worse than it was before accutane, I got some pimples on my forehead and quite some on my chin now... Also, three days ago I developed a skin cyst on my cheek which was pretty huge but I think now it is shrinking.
I went to see a dermatologist and he told me to take a lot of body tests. I took blood test, urine, feces and everything else, apparently I have h. pylori on a > 200 scale and I have Staphylococcus Aureus on my skin and I also have a veeeery high allergy on my body... My face has gotten worse, I also have acne on my back and chest, accutane didn't fix anything, it just worsened my acne everywhere... Now I have quit accutane and am taking antibiotics for my h pylori and Staphylococcus, the dermatologist prescribed me a cream and a lotion to use everyday and told me that this therapy that I am taking might improve my skin because h pylori and staphylococcus might trigger skin problems...
I have also eliminiated dairy products, fast foods, fries, burgers, pizzas, sodas, high sugar foods, sweets, chocolates, any type of seed(nuts, walnuts etc) and I still can't see any improvoement, I literally don't know what's going on, I'm confused and hopeless.

Also, I have skipped class lately and today I have a major exam and I feel so anxious about going but I really have to go because it is very important for my education, I just wanna finish it and get it over with so I can lock myself in my house and have no contact with any other human.

I am desperate and depressed and all I do is stay at home and search for topics about acne to at least feel better about myself... I feel like my acne is never gonna go away and I just feel numb, I just wanna lock myself in and disappear... That's how I feel.

I know this isn't much but I just had to let this out somewhere and I felt like this is the only suitable place where people can or could understand my condition and my emotional status and feelings. If anyone is suffering the same thing as I am, please feel free to inbox me and we might feel better about ourselves.

Thanks for reading this whole thing and I hope that everyone in this world who has acne will get rid of it so this stupid thing won't stop us from living life the way we want to live it and the way it is supposed to be lived.

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 02/22/2017 2:22 pm

It's not much but all I can say is keep on keeping on, brother. Much love.

triolink liked
MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 02/23/2017 7:17 am

16 hours ago, Mr. Brownstone said:

It's not much but all I can say is keep on keeping on, brother. Much love.

thanks brother, means a lot to me.

MemberMember
(@never-losing-hope)

Posted : 02/23/2017 7:55 pm

Please don't give up. Keep on trying until you conquer this beast. My son had severe acne, body and face at the age of 14. It came on fast and hard. It was a very difficult journey from then to where he is now at 16. Derm visits and lots of pressure to go on Accutane. Choose antibiotic route with outrageously priced lotions and topical treatments. Antibiotics finally started kicking in after 6 months. They helped stop the terrible cystic acne. The improvement plateaued on this regimen. Not any worse but not any better either. I honestly think we both suffered PTSD during this time. I frequented acne.org searching for anything I could learn about acne. Decided to try the acne.org regimen. The regimen took him to the next level of clearing. He is still on antibiotics for now. Uses the acne.org regimen daily. Best decision we have made thus far.

triolink liked
MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 02/24/2017 5:04 am

9 hours ago, Never Losing Hope said:

Please don't give up. Keep on trying until you conquer this beast. My son had severe acne, body and face at the age of 14. It came on fast and hard. It was a very difficult journey from then to where he is now at 16. Derm visits and lots of pressure to go on Accutane. Choose antibiotic route with outrageously priced lotions and topical treatments. Antibiotics finally started kicking in after 6 months. They helped stop the terrible cystic acne. The improvement plateaued on this regimen. Not any worse but not any better either. I honestly think we both suffered PTSD during this time. I frequented acne.org searching for anything I could learn about acne. Decided to try the acne.org regimen. The regimen took him to the next level of clearing. He is still on antibiotics for now. Uses the acne.org regimen daily. Best decision we have made thus far.

Thank you so much for taking your time and posting this here... Lately I think I've been better, these three days, I think I can see my skin improving but I don't wanna false hope because it all might be in my mind because of my optimism about my skin improvement. Anyways, if this still doesn't work, because I'm on a really strong therapy right now plus taking lotions and moisturizers, I will surely take your advice and maybe it will work, I just hate the fact that some of us have to deal with this terrible "monster" and take care of our body daily and stop eating the majority of tasty food and cope the pain we have to go through whilst others don't even have any idea what it feels like to be an acne sufferer...

Again, thank you very much for making me feel better and I hope you and your son get through this terrible thing.

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 02/24/2017 8:46 am

Positivity is the best outlook. It can certainly be difficult, but you have to try and remain positive. Negativity just breeds more of itself and can lead you to stress which is never good for acne.

Stay strong. Fire a pm off off if you just want to vent. Always happy to talk.

triolink liked
MemberMember
(@never-losing-hope)

Posted : 02/24/2017 5:50 pm

At times, I think i felt more emotional distress than my son. Not that he wasn't suffering but he was young. I was in panic mode and then the hope of seeing slight improvement got us through the day and the next and the next. It is such a slow process. All these medical miracles and our best option is Accutane...no thank you.

You have all of us and there were times this website was the best comfort I could find. Educating myself, reading everything I could and just not feeling so alone in the battle. Just know, there are a lot of people who care and I am one of them.

MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 02/24/2017 7:48 pm

1 hour ago, Never Losing Hope said:

At times, I think i felt more emotional distress than my son. Not that he wasn't suffering but he was young. I was in panic mode and then the hope of seeing slight improvement got us through the day and the next and the next. It is such a slow process. All these medical miracles and our best option is Accutane...no thank you.

You have all of us and there were times this website was the best comfort I could find. Educating myself, reading everything I could and just not feeling so alone in the battle. Just know, there are a lot of people who care and I am one of them.

Thank you very much, it makes me feel complete and not alone to know that other people have gone through the same as me too... Giving up is not an option, and I will try to stay at my most positive. Everything you guys write means a lot to me, because I never had the chance of expressing myself to others about my acne... I feel like nobody would understand and I just dont feel comfortable explaining it to someone who hasn't gone through it. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me, much love.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/25/2017 7:57 pm

Hey bro, in the same boat here.
Had acne since 13, now 22....
Can eat about 3 different foods that don't break me out, and I have to wear some sort of makeup to mask my horrific skin.
Hang in there

The worst part is not being able to feel normal regardless of what you are doing

MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 02/26/2017 7:32 am

11 hours ago, ZitsSuck21 said:

Hey bro, in the same boat here.
Had acne since 13, now 22....
Can eat about 3 different foods that don't break me out, and I have to wear some sort of makeup to mask my horrific skin.
Hang in there

The worst part is not being able to feel normal regardless of what you are doing

Yeah man, I hope both of us get through is, it's very difficult to remain positive and to have patience but yeah... hope dies last.
Thanks so much for your comment brother.

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 05/09/2017 8:57 am

@triolink

How are you doing man?

triolink liked
MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 05/10/2017 6:09 pm

On 5/9/2017 at 3:57 PM, Mr. Brownstone said:
@triolink

How are you doing man?

HEY MAN! feels so good to hear from you again!

Well, believe it or not, I'm doing pretty well. I've been taking this cream and this moisturizer for about a month now, I have gotten rid of my h pylori(hopefully) and I've not had any face breakouts in about 2 weeks now! My face has no active acne lesions, only scars and redness but I'm much happier, my chest looks good too, my back is still pretty bad, I'm getting some tiny red pimples on my thighs tho idk why but I'm definitely better, I'm still fighting... I've started eating dairy foods again and I don't see any breakout or anything so I'm thinking it's some kind of allergic reaction or MOST PROBABLY hormonal imbalance, I'm pretty confident about my face and my chest now, but not about my back, my back is really bad...

It's a really tough battle brother, I hope I don't get face breakouts all of a sudden again cuz that would be completely shattering for me, it would tear me apart, since I've kinda started feeling positive and confident lately...

I hope everything goes well for me, you, and everyone else there suffering from acne because it's one of the worst thing that can happen to a person, can ruin a person's life...

Thanks so much for remembering me! Ifyou have any sort of social network, please let me know as I would really like to get to know you more!!
You were the first person to hear about my problems and you've helped me a lot.

Much love brother.

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 05/11/2017 12:26 am

Good to hear! really pleased that you're staying positive and are seeing progress. I too suffered with terrible chest/bacne for many years. not eating gluten has seemingly cleared that up though.
I'm also still seeing progress. I do still get smallish pimples on my face, but they do seem to heal quicker. not getting anymore large cysts / pustule though so that's good.

Sorry my friend, I don't really do social networking. hoping chatting through here will be OK for you?

Keep on staying strong. Resilience breeds resilience!

much love

triolink liked
MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 05/11/2017 1:53 pm

13 hours ago, Mr. Brownstone said:

Good to hear! really pleased that you're staying positive and are seeing progress. I too suffered with terrible chest/bacne for many years. not eating gluten has seemingly cleared that up though.
I'm also still seeing progress. I do still get smallish pimples on my face, but they do seem to heal quicker. not getting anymore large cysts / pustule though so that's good.

Sorry my friend, I don't really do social networking. hoping chatting through here will be OK for you?

Keep on staying strong. Resilience breeds resilience!

much love

THANKS! Yes mine too, heal very quick except some stubborn ones, but I'm not getting any on my face now, it's usually on my back and chest, like yesterday I pitched a whitehead a lot and today it formed into a big iner cyst, these go away quickly too, but I suppose I should keep my hands away from my bacne and chest whiteheads, time heals everything.

much love brother, thanks for everything.

MemberMember
(@mrbigl)

Posted : 05/13/2017 5:04 pm

Thank you for sharing, brother. I have acne problem since the age of 11 and Im 19 now. Things are going pretty bad in my social life and I feel as lonely as a street dog. Nobody wants to be my friend or nobody invites me to anything. I don't know when this whole nightmare will end but Im getting worse by every day.

triolink liked
MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 05/14/2017 11:11 am

18 hours ago, MrBigL said:

Thank you for sharing, brother. I have acne problem since the age of 11 and Im 19 now. Things are going pretty bad in my social life and I feel as lonely as a street dog. Nobody wants to be my friend or nobody invites me to anything. I don't know when this whole nightmare will end but Im getting worse by every day.

Oh man, that is so painful to hear because I am in the same situation myself, all I can say is, hold on brother, don't lose your hope and strength, we are the victims of life and reality, we always will suffer on every aspect of life, and it's almost impossible to accept that... Maybe things will change for the better, but we will never know, life is unfair and we are the ones who prove that.

Hold on brother, thanks for sharing this with me, there will always be people who know how you feel and support you and I am one of them.
Much love.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 05/14/2017 12:33 pm

On 22/2/2017 at 6:21 PM, triolink said:

I never thought I'd do this but I had to take this out somewhere. I've barely talked about acne to anyone, except my brother. I am a 20 year old male suffering from acne for about three years now. At the beginning it was very mild and I could barely notice it but it continually got worse. Until the last 6 months I never missed school, parties, meetings, going out for coffee and anything else because I pretty much didn't care about my acne and I got used to it... I never took a diet for acne and I barely used cream or moisturizers for my face... About 4 months ago I started using accutane because my skin got pretty bad. I started with a low dose of 20mg and I was hoping to finally get rid of my acne. On the third month I increased my dosage to 40mg and that's when I started breaking out even more... I haven't seen any improvements yet and my face is much worse than it was before accutane, I got some pimples on my forehead and quite some on my chin now... Also, three days ago I developed a skin cyst on my cheek which was pretty huge but I think now it is shrinking.
I went to see a dermatologist and he told me to take a lot of body tests. I took blood test, urine, feces and everything else, apparently I have h. pylori on a > 200 scale and I have Staphylococcus Aureus on my skin and I also have a veeeery high allergy on my body... My face has gotten worse, I also have acne on my back and chest, accutane didn't fix anything, it just worsened my acne everywhere... Now I have quit accutane and am taking antibiotics for my h pylori and Staphylococcus, the dermatologist prescribed me a cream and a lotion to use everyday and told me that this therapy that I am taking might improve my skin because h pylori and staphylococcus might trigger skin problems...
I have also eliminiated dairy products, fast foods, fries, burgers, pizzas, sodas, high sugar foods, sweets, chocolates, any type of seed(nuts, walnuts etc) and I still can't see any improvoement, I literally don't know what's going on, I'm confused and hopeless.

Also, I have skipped class lately and today I have a major exam and I feel so anxious about going but I really have to go because it is very important for my education, I just wanna finish it and get it over with so I can lock myself in my house and have no contact with any other human.

I am desperate and depressed and all I do is stay at home and search for topics about acne to at least feel better about myself... I feel like my acne is never gonna go away and I just feel numb, I just wanna lock myself in and disappear... That's how I feel.

I know this isn't much but I just had to let this out somewhere and I felt like this is the only suitable place where people can or could understand my condition and my emotional status and feelings. If anyone is suffering the same thing as I am, please feel free to inbox me and we might feel better about ourselves.

Thanks for reading this whole thing and I hope that everyone in this world who has acne will get rid of it so this stupid thing won't stop us from living life the way we want to live it and the way it is supposed to be lived.

Is your acne severe? there are so many ways you can get rid of acne and people do it every day its not that big of deal soon maybe even in a month you might not even have acne its not a big deal

triolink liked