Notifications
Clear all

Raised scar on nose, how can i get rid of it?(w/ Pics)

MemberMember
(@joc120)

Posted : 02/22/2017 8:06 am

Hi, i had a spot on my nose in the summer and it left a raised scar, i think it is a hypertrophic scar.
I was wondering what treatments are out there for me to get rid of it or even make it smaller and less noticeable. I prefer not to go to a dermatologist as I don't have the money 

I have included 2 photos, thanks.
IMG_4235.JPGIMG_4237.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/22/2017 10:46 am

I was about to say derm, but I understand about the money. It could be a cyst also or infected pore.

Be very careful on the nose as it heals funky.

You can try retin a cream.

I would say try microneedling it specifically dermastamping it and using tca spot peels or salicylic acid is a great peel, please dilute and test first to see the reaction.

Otherwise steroids and creams are from a doctor.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@belllopezz)

Posted : 07/19/2020 9:51 pm

Did you get rid of it? I have one exactly like that on my nose and I need some help. What did you do?

MemberMember
(@monkieturtlegmail-com)

Posted : 07/20/2020 2:47 pm

I have a lot of this on my chin and my back and Im not sure whether they are hypertrophic scar ormilia.

MemberMember
(@debed321)

Posted : 10/05/2020 3:17 am

But is ther literally a way of getting red of them by derma?I'm gonna patiently wait till I have a job

MemberMember
(@rosinsky404gmail-com)

Posted : 10/05/2020 5:19 pm

13 hours ago, Debed321 said:

But is ther literally a way of getting red of them by derma?I'm gonna patiently wait till I have a job

do you mean dermabraison? Ive heard that can be really risky especially on the nose because the skin there is different than the rest of your face. You should check the hypertrophic scars forum for better info on taking care of those.

I can tell you I have seen good improvement in my raised scars after using a retinoid consistently after many months. That isnt too expensive and you can start while you save up for other procedures.

Debed321 liked
MemberMember
(@debed321)

Posted : 10/06/2020 7:31 am

14 hours ago, tortoiseshell9 said:

do you mean dermabraison? Ive heard that can be really risky especially on the nose because the skin there is different than the rest of your face. You should check the hypertrophic scars forum for better info on taking care of those.

I can tell you I have seen good improvement in my raised scars after using a retinoid consistently after many months. That isnt too expensive and you can start while you save up for other procedures.

So there is a possibility to get rid of it?I don't care how much it cost and what type of surgery or treatment, I just want a clearskin.If there is a possibility,what types of surgeries or treatments?

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 10/07/2020 7:12 pm

I would do tcapaint 20-25% on this scar, 2-3 times. By my experience small raised scars/bumps react really well to this.

MemberMember
(@sahilqqq)

Posted : 11/16/2021 6:26 pm

Anyone know how to remove exactly this same scar at home or something