Notifications
Clear all

Any help?

MemberMember
(@paldu8l7)

Posted : 02/22/2017 2:19 am

Hello, I am a 19yo male and I don't really have an idea what should I do now, so I would like to ask you for help! I have acne on both sides of my face (the right one is way worse), but don't really have any pimples "in the middle". I've had it for a year and a half now and have tried many products, however, none of them was successful. If you have any ideas what should I do, then please help me! My acne - https://imgur.com/a/KzYvi

MemberMember
(@tomato12)

Posted : 02/22/2017 5:41 am

Hello!

Could you tell us which things you've already tried? (prescribtion and non prescribtion)

MemberMember
(@paldu8l7)

Posted : 02/22/2017 6:10 am

I've pretty much only tried some cosmetic products, which were recommended to me by my derm, but nothing drastic like products containing benzoyl peroxide. The products usually were some bio-peels or cremes, but as I've said nothing really worked out. I also try to avoid sugar and drink 3l of water a day and recently I've started taking magnesium, calcium and zinc supplement (3in1).

MemberMember
(@tomato12)

Posted : 02/23/2017 10:22 am

Supplementing with zinc is a very good start. How many mg are you taking? It lowers dht in the body, the hormone which is causing excess sebum production. You could also try Saw Palmetto for lowering dht levels.

Next step is reducing IGF1 as it is also known to cause acne. You find IGF1 in milk products - so avoid milk in any form! Our liver also produces IGF1. Production of IGF1 is stimulated by aminoacids - so don't overeat with meat.

Another culprit is insuline. Insuline is really really bad. You can lower your insuline levels by avoiding foods with high glycemic load and upper your fibre intake. Means: No sugar. Carbs only if they contain high amount of fibre. You can also add fibre to your meals when eating eg. pasta. Drinking a glass of fibre husk before each meal could be a solution for example.

Avoid poly unsaturated fats! Better cook with coconut or olive oil.

Furthermore you can take some natural antiinflammatories like curcumin, silymarin, boswellia and take antioxidants. I take grapeseed extract and sometimes quercentinand it has definitely helped my skin.

MemberMember
(@vitalradish)

Posted : 02/23/2017 12:05 pm

1 hour ago, tomato12 said:

Avoid poly unsaturated fats! Better cook with coconut or olive oil.

Both fats are superb in the kitchen, although olive oil should only be used cold, never heat it. Coconut oilis a great option for cooking and body/skin/hair treatment, as some of us have already mentioned here.