Notifications
Clear all

Starting the acne.org regimen soon *UPDATE* - starting week 4

MemberMember
(@sophie1127)

Posted : 02/20/2017 7:30 pm

27 year old female with moderate acne (including cysts) on my face and back. 

I started a Paula's Choice skin care regimen a week or 2 ago with (mainly) her products. Past regimen - I will count this as week 1 since I was using a pea-sized dab of 2.5% BP nightly:

Morning
1. Cleanse
2. Tone (I know most toners are a waste of $$, but she actually sells good toners that hydrate skin and contain antioxidants, and I like the idea that I'm getting all the residue off my skin) 
3. Serum to prevent dehydrated skin (I don't always use this)
4. SPF moisturizer

Evening
1. Cleanse
2. Tone and put on an eye cream
3. Use PC's 10% AHA liquid exfoliant on most nights (contains a lot of good anti-oxidants, as well)
4. Mix a pea sized dab of 2.5% BP with a pea sized dab of 0.1% Differin retinoid (this is the same thing as Epiduo but much cheaper; note: Differin is now available OTC - it's also the only retinoid that works with BP)
5. Wait 5 or so minutes for this to dry, then moisturize (I use the acne.org moisturizer at night)

New Regimen Beginning Week 2 (2/21 - 2/27):

Morning
1. Cleanse
2. Tone
3. 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (start to ramp up dose a bit)
4. Wait 5-15 mins for BP to dry before applying serum to prevent dehydrated skin and/or:
5. SPF moisturizer + acne.org moisturizer (mix together half & half)

Evening
1. Cleanse
2. Tone and apply eye cream
3. 4-5x/week - about every other day - apply PC's 10% AHA liquid (when using AHA, apply eye cream after)
4. Apply pea size amount of Differin 
5. Apply 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (ditto morning dose)
6. Wait 5-15 mins before applying acne.org moisturizer

I'm thinking that I'm going to continue with this current regimen and just use more BP each week according to the dosage chart. (Also, I'll use the acne.org cleanser.)

I will count this week (2/21 - 2/27) as week 2 since I had been using a pea-sized amount of 2.5% BP nightly the week prior and now will be adding it during the day and increasing the dose slightly.

So I just ordered the acne.org regimen kit that contains the cleanser, the BP (although I like Paula's BP formula better I know I will run out of it soon once I begin ramping up the dose), the AHA lotion (mainly for my back), more of the moisturizer, and the jojoba oil.

Will update when I receive my acne.org products and finish week 3 :) (2/28 - 3/6).

Also, I will also be using the back regimen once I receive the acne.org glycolic acid (right now I just use salicylic acid pads on my back). Bacne has been under control with the salicylic acid *knock on wood*, but I would love to knock it out completely before spring/summer starts. I'm going to start with just the glycolic acid regimen and see if that works. Will update once I receive the AHA lotion and begin the body regimen.

*UPDATE 3/6 - END OF WEEK 3*
FACE: I have received the acne.org products this past week and have incorporated them into my face regimen above. Only skipped one night of the regimen last week. Today is the last day of week 3 (3/6) on the regimen and tomorrow I will be starting week 4 (3/7 - 3/14). Skin condition as of now (3/6): Most acne lesions are gone. No more cystic pimples or inflamed zits. Still have some blackheads on nose and chin but skin is looking much clearer. Red spots from old acne remain but are fading and easily covered with makeup. Skin is very dry and flaky but gets oily when using acne.org lotion with SPF during the day. Experimenting with keeping up with that and using sheets to absorb oil OR using just serum and a moisturizing SPF lotion during the day. Will continue to experiment to see which works best. Alternating Paula's Choice 2.5% BP with acne.org's BP to see which I like better. Have been using 3/4 finger length of BP day and night beginning week 3. Will begin using one full finger's length of BP beginning week 4 tomorrow (3/7).

Just began back/body regimen using acne.org AHA lotion 1x/day so far (after shower). Will continue with that; if skin on back does not completely clear up will change to 2x/day. 

Will update face & body skin conditions and any regimen changes at end of week 4 (3/14).