Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We made a FAQ for possible treatments:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/365640-qa-faq-post-inflammatory-erythema-pie-post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation-pih- hypopigmentation-read-before-posting/

IF they are PIE you can press on them and they go away and if they are PIH they stay there because of pigmentation. 

PIE has several cures like aloe vera and honey or triple antibiotic, they take a long time to heal. PIH uses skin bleaching cream, or retin a.

I described above how to test, you press on them and see. Also I made this full faq for this common occurrence 
It has tons of info regarding what it is. Please check it out.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/365640-qa-faq-post-inflammatory-erythema-pie-post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation-pih- hypopigmentation-read-before-posting/

I have read over the link that you have just posted. You mention that Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH) is related to brown spots, and permanent red spots. In the treatments you do not mention Vbeam. Can Vbeam be used for the permanent red spots ( PIH ) just like you can for PIE?

The answer is sometimes. If it's pigmented melanin the only thing that works is skin bleach cream, IPL. BBL, Photofacials 1064nm, retin a cream you can buy online. V-beam is vascular laser, it gets rid of blood and veins, not pigment. Hence the test of  pressing to see temporary going away. It might work with vbeam but often you know those port wine stained on peoples faces, V-beam does not work. It takes 3- to 10 treatments of any of those. I would start with skin bleach cream, then retin a, then go for med spa treatments as they are expensive.