Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sollysolly

Spontaneous scarring

So am on the edge of breaking .. ive taken accutane to clear my acne then i had a light chemical peel 2 months after it .. i began developing spontaneous atrophic scars everyday (indents , lines and stuff ) they seem to increase when putting any serum or moisturizer even .. did anyone experience this ?  Please help me old posters 

Are you sure this is because of the Accutane? Last month I noticed some scars on my face. They seemed to appear out of nowhere considering my major cystic acne had started to clear about 5 months before. And more scars seemed to appear. They looked worse when I put moisturiser on, probably because they become shiny and the light reflects off them. I was horrified, I thought I'd managed to get through the cystic acne without major scarring, but then it just seemed to appear out of nowhere. And I hadn't been on Accutane. Maybe indented scarring just takes time to appear?

6 minutes ago, Jollyhohnson said:

Are you sure this is because of the Accutane? Last month I noticed some scars on my face. They seemed to appear out of nowhere considering my major cystic acne had started to clear about 5 months before. And more scars seemed to appear. They looked worse when I put moisturiser on, probably because they become shiny and the light reflects off them. I was horrified, I thought I'd managed to get through the cystic acne without major scarring, but then it just seemed to appear out of nowhere. And I hadn't been on Accutane. Maybe indented scarring just takes time to appear?

Scars don't always appear immediately after the wound/acne heals. They may pop up some time after. I had a tiny pimple on my forehead during Accutane, and when it dried up and just needed to be flaked off, I scratched it away with my fingernail. Some time later I woke up with an indented fingernail print scar. Yeah, definitely not happy about that.