Notifications
Clear all

Yes or No to Clarisonic?

MemberMember
(@lenka22)

Posted : 02/20/2017 4:02 pm

Hi there
I've been using Clarisonic with Effaclar face wash for about 6 months now. It worked great for a few months but I've noticed that my pores have gotten larger since using it and twice a month I get a crazy rash full of white heads (don't know what's causing it). So, I've stopped using Clarisonic and started washing my face just with hands but since then my pores are getting clogged and I've noticed few cystic spots as well. Should I just go back to Clarisonic or wait and see what happens?

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 02/22/2017 8:39 am

Everything in moderation. Life just seems to work better that way. I have a Clarisonic Mia Fit. I bought it the day after Christmas this year. I use the Radiance brush head. The first week I used it a few days in a row and then backed off to once or twice a week, depending on what's going in with my skin. I use it with cleansers that don't contain any comedogenic ingredients. I believe it has helped my skin. Although they market it to be used twice a day, I'm not convinced that most people really see benefits from using it that much. I've heard other people reporting the same...increased pore size. I've not noticed that, but I use mine sparingly. I've also shortened the length of time. At first, the minute seemed to short. Now that I'm used to it, it seems too long.
Give your face a break, then try using it once or twice a week and maybe try a different brush head.