Notifications
Clear all

Would TCA Cross help a deep boxscar?

MemberMember
(@extaz)

Posted : 02/18/2017 7:39 pm

Hi! I have a boxscar about 0.5cm long and 0.5cm wide on my left cheek. It's really bothering me. It's so deep I can feel it with my fingers. It gets like a big shadow in certain light and is really noticable. I hate it and want to improve it. I have done dermarolling 1mm on it several times but don't any real improvement other than the skin feels a bit more smoother around it and it's not like a bump anymore. The scar is still there like I said. I read about subcision also but I'm not sure I could afford it. I also read about excision. What is the difference between these two?

My scar is like the one in the center of the image below.

Need your help please! 

Thanks! :)

subscision1.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2017 1:06 am

If you had skin like his he needs TCA cross lots of little pits.

The boxcar , Subcision is very affordable, compared to laser or other surgical treatments. I do not know where you live (price varies, in some countries its very cheap) but it's typically around $300 in the US.

Dermarolling without using a acid peel does very little if you have major scarring, you need to be doing microneedling once per month then the next month a acid peel like TCA.

Subcision cuts the tethers under the scar, please see my faq in the signature below and find subcision, all info is there.

Excision cuts the scar, surgery, stitches are placed to close skin (this is done if the area is so bad it cannot be subcisied (only a derm would know)

MemberMember
(@extaz)

Posted : 02/19/2017 8:16 am

7 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

If you had skin like his he needs TCA cross lots of little pits.

The boxcar , Subcision is very affordable, compared to laser or other surgical treatments. I do not know where you live (price varies, in some countries its very cheap) but it's typically around $300 in the US.

Dermarolling without using a acid peel does very little if you have major scarring, you need to be doing microneedling once per month then the next month a acid peel like TCA.

Subcision cuts the tethers under the scar, please see my faq in the signature below and find subcision, all info is there.

Excision cuts the scar, surgery, stitches are placed to close skin (this is done if the area is so bad it cannot be subcisied (only a derm would know)

Thanks for your answer! I live in Sweden and I can't seem to find any place where they do subcision. There's a lot in the US I have seen. Will probably go for dermarolling along with TCA cross, not at the same time though haha. Excision seems like a bad way to do it as stitching will also cause a scar I suppose. Don't think it's so deep that I need excision. I will go see a dermatologist at the beginning of next month and ask what they think will be the best solution to improve my scar before I attempt to do TCA cross or more dermarolling.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2017 9:10 am

Posted this like a week ago, I bet your new ... 😉

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/366192-found-doctor-in-denmark-does-subcision-and-tca-cross/

There is also Dr. Chu in the Uk who is also seen a lot by posters on here. Search for Europe in the scar section.

MemberMember
(@extaz)

Posted : 02/19/2017 2:13 pm

5 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Posted this like a week ago, I bet your new ... 😉

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/366192-found-doctor-in-denmark-does-subcision-and-tca-cross/

There is also Dr. Chu in the Uk who is also seen a lot by posters on here. Search for Europe in the scar section.

Yeah I'm new. Thanks! Will contact him to see if he thinks my scar would improve from this subcision. Might as well be worth going to Denmark just for this reason, it's a nice country after all. Strange that there seems to be no one in Sweden who does subcision.

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 02/23/2018 5:39 pm

hey, just to let you know I have seen Prof. Chu in London and he performs dermapen micro-needling with subcision and TCA cross - all in one procedure.