Notifications
Clear all

What options do I have for a really stubborn clog?

MemberMember
(@pookiedoll)

Posted : 02/18/2017 6:29 am

I've had a small bump on my cheek for 4 months now. I have tried to pop it myself but I cannot get it to go away. I've tried taz and retin a but all it does is peel away the top layer. I went to an esthetician yesterday and she prepped skin and gave it 2 pushes with a comedone extractor and said it's too deep. Does something like this call for a cortisone shot? I don't know how to make it go away.

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 02/18/2017 6:58 am

I've had bumps for months like you do. And nothing worked not even a cortisone shot. However what worked for me was raw honey applied to it for about 2 hours a day for a week. Even the most stubborn bumps have gone this way.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 02/18/2017 8:34 am

If it's so deep, topicals won't really be effective. Do you take any supplements?

MemberMember
(@pookiedoll)

Posted : 02/18/2017 9:58 am

No I'm on spironolactone to control my hormonal acne. I really don't get regular acne, either cysts or these really deep clogs. It's so frustrating.

MemberMember
(@getridofthis007)

Posted : 02/18/2017 2:51 pm

How long were you using your dermatologist prescribed retin a?

MemberMember
(@pandabear1776)

Posted : 02/21/2017 9:06 am

I've had the same problem since I was 8, I'm 14 now. I've tried a lot of home remedies and nothing has worked for me. You should see a dermatologist if you have the money.