Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pookiedoll

What options do I have for a really stubborn clog?

I've had a small bump on my cheek for 4 months now. I have tried to pop it myself but I cannot get it to go away. I've tried taz and retin a but all it does is peel away the top layer. I went to an esthetician yesterday and she prepped skin and gave it 2 pushes with a comedone extractor and said it's too deep. Does something like this call for a cortisone shot? I don't know how to make it go away. 

I've had bumps for months like you do. And nothing worked not even a cortisone shot. However what worked for me was raw honey applied to it for about 2 hours a day for a week. Even the most stubborn bumps have gone this way.

No I'm on spironolactone to control my hormonal acne. I really don't get regular acne, either cysts or these really deep clogs. It's so frustrating. 

I've had the same problem since I was 8, I'm 14 now. I've tried a lot of home remedies and nothing has worked for me. You should see a dermatologist if you have the money.