Notifications
Clear all

dark pitted scars

MemberMember
(@ksmn99)

Posted : 02/18/2017 6:24 am

Helloo All ..
I ll just directly go with my query.
I have suffered with a very bad bad acne for almost 4 1/2 years ib my teenage. Then i was prescribed with accutane. and yes after 6 months i was an acne free girl. But i do get some small bumps occasionally. But whats bothering me now is those brown scars (actually i don't even know what to call it as)!!!
After my acne got cleared up my cheeks area is looking like somebody pierced it with needles . i had under gone a microdermabrasion and mild glycolic peel as well.nothing has worked yet. please someone suggest me any treatments:( :( :(
i have attached a pic of it.20170218_121731.jpg20170218_121835.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2017 4:24 pm

Those are typically called icepick scars. TCA cross treats that, but I do not know if you can use that with your skin pigment, hard to tell from the picture. Talk to your doctor about this. For brown color, you can use skin bleach (lightening cream) or ipl, or laser to lighten the brown areas. Some use retin a cream to turn over the skin on their face so it refreshes or peels more quickly.

MemberMember
(@ksmn99)

Posted : 02/20/2017 4:11 am

is that the only way??
am scared of TCA peels.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/20/2017 8:55 am

Goto a dermatologist and have them use a acid peel then or laser.

You can miconeedle but it does nothing for icepicks. Give it a try. Retin a cream also called tretinorin is also great to put on at night.