Notifications
Clear all

my journey and what i did

MemberMember
(@arianarx)

Posted : 02/17/2017 1:07 pm

About 3 years ago, i started to get acne. at first, i thought using over the counter cleansers/acne pads would help, but that was not the case. my acne got so bad that my self confidence went down tremendously and i went to the dermatologist to get help. i went though dozens of prescriptions (pill, topicals). for a while, nothing was working for me and my acne was not getting any better. i got a clump of acne on my cheek(should later turn into scarring) and was so upset/didnt want to go out.  bactrim (a pill) worked a while for me along with another cream (i don't remember the names of all that i used). But, i had to stop using bactrim because it was not good for my organs to be on it for so long(i was on it for a year). so, after i stopped that my acne was coming back because i changed my routine. I was on RetinA, and it worked for a while (still some occasional acne coming). I WENT THROUGH SO MANY MEDICATIONS UNTIL I FOUND THE ONE THAT WORKED. When i went back to the dermatologist, she recommended Tazorac(for night) and Aczone (for morning). LIFESAVER. i am still on these 2 topicals and i haven't had a problem with any new acne. i am just dealing with redness/slight scarring. Also use Cetaphil acne prone moisturizer and face wash, i also use neutrogena clear pore in the morning. MOISTURIZER is key. Medications dry you out big time. 
Along with using these medications, drink ALOT of water.... this is something i have not always done but it clears your system out and helps your skin get clearer.
USE MAKEUP....be careful though, as some are heavy and NOT GOOD for acne prone skin. I use Dermablend (it is AMAZING). it covers redness, acne, scarring. I highly recommend it if your self confidence is not how it used to be. it really helped me gain it back :) 
If you have any questions ask away. i have been through a lot with acne and would love to talk to anyone that needs it. i know all of the emotions that go along with having acne and understand completely. I did have the option to go on accutane but i decided not to because i felt as though my acne was too mild (at the time) for it and there were lots of side effects i did not want to deal with in the future. 

You're all beautiful :) 

MemberMember
(@teennick17)

Posted : 02/18/2017 12:05 pm

How long were you on Tazorac before you started to see results?

MemberMember
(@arianarx)

Posted : 02/22/2017 8:29 am

@TeenNick17
While on Tazorac, you will probably break out before your face begins to get better. I believe i was on it for 2 or 3 weeks when i saw improvement. the longer i was on it, the more i saw improvements. at first, id have new breakouts, but like i said above, now that rarely happens. i think tazorac may be why my face gets red, but id rather have that than new breakouts.

@TeenNick17
I have been on it for about 6 months now

MemberMember
(@teennick17)

Posted : 02/26/2017 10:59 pm

I guess you're lucky. I made a post but I was on week 14 of Tazorac and I stopped. I didn't like the results because I was still breaking out a lot and from reading all types of stories and personal logs, week 12 is typically the turning point for better skin. I stopped and I felt like I saw better results than if I were to continue with the Taz. I have an appointment with another derma this week so I can ask him for any insight on whether I should continue with Taz or get another treatment.