was told my severe ...

Notifications
Clear all

was told my severe oily skin was hormonal, not in my case

MemberMember
(@rosieposie)

Posted : 02/15/2017 8:17 am

Have had oily skin and severe acne since I was 12 years old. Very oily skin. Hour and a half after washing oil starts to accumulate on my skin. Now 55 years old. Tried fish oil made it terribly worse. Accutane at least 12 rounds. Oily skin always came back after Accutane treatment. numerous antibiotics, holistic diet, gluten free, sugar free, no red meat ect. Nothing helped. Needed to get a hysterectomy due to medical conditions. I said ok a least my skin will finally look better due to no more hormones. WRONG. Acne and oily skin still present. Only thing that helped me was taking two probiotic capsules a day that are 40 strains of good bacteria and 150 billion in each capsules. This has helped reduce my oily skin by 75 per cent. Still get oily but manageable. So many Dr s told me my skin problems were hormonal. I just wanted to let you know what I have experienced and what has helped me.

MemberMember
(@shyshortstop)

Posted : 03/01/2017 2:21 pm

I am in a similar boat. I have checked all of mine hormones years ago and everything looked normal, but I just couldn't get rid of oily skin. I'm really happy for you, that you're finally going in the right direction. Could you share with us which exact brand ofprobioticare you using ?

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 03/01/2017 7:06 pm

How is the humidity/climate/temperature like in your area?

MemberMember
(@shyshortstop)

Posted : 03/02/2017 2:02 am

In my case, we have harsh winters with very warm summers. However, I'm oily even when it is 5 degrees.

MemberMember
(@mybody101)

Posted : 03/03/2017 4:09 pm

Ever consider your body can't process fats from your diet?

If you're reacting to taking omega 3 essential fatty acids, there's definitely a problem with the organs that handle fat absorption in your body.

Trace the organs that have anything to do with breaking down oil or controlling hormones related to responding to oil, starting with your small intestine, gall bladder, liver, thyroid, etc. That's where the problem lies most likely.

A couple supplements to help break down fats (I like HCL with betaine), thin bile (Beet Root), gently detox the liver (can find some good teas that do this) and regulate your thyroid, and you should see a nice uptick in results.

It's no surprise probiotics help, they aide your gut!

If that helps, let us know!

MemberMember
(@rosieposie)

Posted : 03/05/2017 8:08 pm

I went on a low fat diet when I was younger. I was 123 lbs. and 5 feet seven inches. I lost ten lbs. I was too thin. No change in the oily complexion. I do think there is a problem with food breakdown in my body. Maybe gall bladder? Anyway probiotics are the only thing that helped my oily skin. I take renew life ultimate floral 150 billion a capsule. Two a day. Keep them in the refrigerator. I noticed I was getting constipated from the probiotics. I now take the capsule and break it open in a small amount if water. This has helped with the constipation and helped reduce the oily skin even more. So my body is not breaking down the capsule. I have tried digestive enzymes and Hcl and it never helped. When I take Hcl tablets I feel a heated flush after ten minutes of taking the capsule. Anyway it did not help the oily skin.

I live in the Midwest. Cold winters humid summer's. My skin was always oily no matter what the temperature. oil that never stopped. I do think most skin problems like psoriasis and eczema, acne, oily skin are gut related. Some people are born with great gut bacteria others not.

MemberMember
(@mybody101)

Posted : 03/15/2017 12:39 pm

Feeling heat with HCL means you're probably not deficient in stomach acid, which probably means your most likely breaking down fats appropriately. It's still odd you react to omega 3 in fish oil, but that could also be the brand of supplement you were taking, as many brands of fish oil contain rancid oil. If your diet contains good fats and limits bad ones, then the issues probably are hormonal in some way.

Since your oily skin is regardless of weather or probably what you eat, my guess is that the probiotic use is signaling to your body to produce less hormones, which means it's helping with some kind of stress inside your body (candida maybe?). You may be able to find other ways to help with whatever stress the probiotics are helping with. As another measure, I'd look to gently support your hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands and see if you see any more results. The HPA axis controls a lot of stress related functions in your body, so supporting this can get your hormones closer to normal. Check your cortisol levels to see if you're producing too much (most likely) or too little. You may also try adaptogenic herbs (like ashwagandha & rhodiola) to see if they have any effect.