Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scars do look bad when they are new. But they get lighter over time and fade away. You are very young and your skin will heal faster.

Do redness make scars look way worse ugly than it really is?
Yes it does. 

Does new scar look bad and ugly and will they heal to a point where they become invisible and unnoticeable?
The scar will get less red over time and less noticeable, but I am not sure about invisible.

Do redness make scar look alot deeper? 
Not sure about this.

Does anyone saw improvement in thier scars after waiting 1 year?
I see improvements in scars after even 2-3 months.

In the meantime you can take care of yourself and eat well so that your skin heals better. Do not use harsh products on your face. Eat a good diet and lot of vitamin C rich fruits. Drink a lot of water. Using a honey mask will help your scars heal faster.

Lastly stop spending too much time in front of the mirror and go out and enjoy yourself. :-)

Hello! i also have some hyperpigmentation/slight scarring. I have had this for a while, and it DOES get better. My scarring is going down (its not as visible). I go to the dermatologist and have a morning/night topical cream I put on my skin, it helps lots. Also, I wear makeup (It helps a lot with self confidence- the brand Dermablend is amazing for scarring and redness and acne prone skin in general) :) It will get better just give it time! 

@RealHammad 
Yes, my scarring is becoming less visible. It used to bother me a lot to the point I wouldn't want to stand out or even wear my hair up (because I wanted to cover it with my hair). Now, it is fading. 

Do you still have active acne? I am not sure if I can see a little acne or not. If yes, you need to treat that first. 

Also, it looks like you have PIE. If you press on them and they go away its PIE, if it's pigmented  and stays its PIH. There are many things that you can do. The best treatment for PIE being Vbeam ( Vascular laser ), and the best for PIH being IPL ( Intense Pulsed Light ). 

-beautifulambition has a post on here that explains it in detail. 

Make sure you clear your active acne before treating the redness or anything else. Perhaps what you have is red PIH, this can be treated with an IPL laser. 

It is not bad at all, as with time or with help from treatments, your redness will fade. I cannot see any indentations, so I cannot see any scars. 

I posted before and you did not like what I had to say. You do not have scars. These are not scars, they are PIH. They are temporary wounds. They do away on their own over a long period of time. Some use honey and aloe vera, others triple antibiotic cream. If they do not go away you use IPL, BBL, Photofacial or vascular laser (sometimes called Vbeam). We put all the treatments to this common question at the top of this sub forum.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/365640-qa-faq-post-inflammatory-erythema-pie-post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation-pih- hypopigmentation-read-before-posting/