Notifications
Clear all

Chest and back acne scars WITH PICTURES

MemberMember
(@whatdo)

Posted : 02/14/2017 12:54 pm

Hi, i've had pretty bad acne for about 8 years by now on my back, chest and face. They appear much less now than before but they have left a lot of scars on my chest and back. Does anyone have any advice on best products/treatments i should use to reduce/remove scarred tissue.

go0OrBD.jpg0LDpvGr.jpggaNvM76.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 1:29 pm

Scarred tissue can never be removed, it can be lightened and softened.

Are you sure it's under control I still see some zits. Have you tried accutane?

Doctors will most likely do laser for this. As the body is thicker than the face. Redness is treated with vascular laser known as vbeam or other brands ad I am sure they will want to do CO2 fractional laser. I see some white raised areas that might be treated with steroid injections or cryo sprayed on them. It looks hormonal to me. I see this with guys who goto the gym. The white spots are the hardest to treat as there is loss of pigment.

I would definitely have your derm look at them to see what's going on and maybe do some blood tests.

Checkout the FAQ below in my signature, find the scar types and Hypertrophic & Keloid scars.

There is also a sub inside ofthis sub called Hypertrophic scars.

WhatDo liked
MemberMember
(@whatdo)

Posted : 02/14/2017 2:01 pm

Thanks for the answer, i was hoping for some cheaper treatments (oils, creams, dermabrasion?) since laser treatments are pretty expensive. Something i could order off ebay and use at home. I've read your FAQ and i think my scars are Hypertrophic. I posted in sub forum but it seemed very inactive thats why i posted here also.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 2:24 pm

You can microneedle (put the microneedle dermaroller on a stick or something to reach, will take a very long time, once a month, have someone put retin a on your back or tretinorin. OR do Salicylic acid body wash and peels. peels but that is kinda hard on your back. There is nothing on ebay or Amazon that will improve this besides maybe a microneedle. You could always try one of those microfiber mits to do micro derm abration you can buy the crystals on ebay for the mit or a brush system. This will not remodel the skin. This is something that really needs to be treaded by a derm. It looks like you still have active acne. Accutane could help with that.

The back is a very hard area to treat, thicker skin. In clinic they do laser.

WhatDo liked
MemberMember
(@whatdo)

Posted : 02/14/2017 2:32 pm

Alright, thanks. Will look into the prices of laser treatment. There are some active acne but very little, i could have taken accutane before but didn't due to possible side effects. Might be a while before i can afford the treatment tho, will time make scars more resistant to treatments?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 3:00 pm

That's why I suggested the above while you wait you can get all that stuff cheap off ebay or amazon. You will need the laser also. If you have active acne this creates scars. After that once it heals it's pretty permanent. The back is not like the face though less blood vessels, thicker, harder to treat. I want to be honest you will only get a percentage of improvement. I think getting the acne under control is most important to stop scars. Try a deep exfoliating scrub with microdermabration crystals or a microfiber mitt and the microneedle roller taped to a stick. Can't hurt. Acne.org above s a store with a back washer and BP wash.

WhatDo liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 3:17 pm

http://www.acne.org/body-acne.html

WhatDo liked
MemberMember
(@whatdo)

Posted : 02/14/2017 7:00 pm

Thanks, i will look into it. I get very little acne on my back and almost none on my chest and they dont leave scars anymore. How long needles do you suggest on microneedle roller?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/15/2017 7:27 am

The back and chest is thicker than the face 2mm, and you only do it once a month, roll it all over the area. You can zip tie it or duck tape it to a stick (dermaroller). Please clean the area before with rubbing alcohol 91% and a paper towel. Do not shower after, let the blood dry for a few hours, this is beneficial to the healing. They also make acid peels and applicators for the back, long clothes with handles. Alternate. between treatments until you get your laser, and again you can use the micro dermabration crystals on the cloth as well. Please cover the wounds with vaseline or tripple antibiotic cream and put a clean undershirt over it for protection after any procedure,

MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 05/22/2017 12:23 pm

On 2/15/2017 at 1:27 PM, beautifulambition said:

The back and chest is thicker than the face 2mm, and you only do it once a month, roll it all over the area. You can zip tie it or duck tape it to a stick (dermaroller). Please clean the area before with rubbing alcohol 91% and a paper towel. Do not shower after, let the blood dry for a few hours, this is beneficial to the healing. They also make acid peels and applicators for the back, long clothes with handles. Alternate. between treatments until you get your laser, and again you can use the micro dermabration crystals on the cloth as well. Please cover the wounds with vaseline or tripple antibiotic cream and put a clean undershirt over it for protection after any procedure,

beatiful these scars are totally like my scars. Which lasers are for these scars and what treatment for white color of these scars?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/23/2017 2:27 am

Depends which type of laser you mean. For the hypopigmentation there is the laser and uv treatments in the FAQ under skin excizimer is it or something.

To resurface any fractional co2 laser works or an ablative erbium laser.

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 04/06/2020 2:22 am

To anyone who has scars similar to the OPs

Microneedle 2mm and put on glycolic/tca peels IMMEDIATELY after