Notifications
Clear all

Biotin and acne

MemberMember
(@tomato12)

Posted : 02/14/2017 8:24 am

Hello!

Last saturday I took a pill with 5000 mcg of biotin. Thought it would good for my skin. Well after reading this forum I noticed that it's definitely not and that biotin causes acne.

Does this one pill will cause me to breakout? I don't know how fast my body will get rid of he excess biotin because 5000mcg is way over the daily recommendations! May drinking more water will help as biotin is an watersoluble vitamine?

MemberMember
(@malka)

Posted : 02/14/2017 2:36 pm

Biotin isn't exactly guaranteed to give you acne, it just differs from person to person. Have you had a breakout since taking the pill or noticed any pimples popping up? If you haven't had any with that high dosage I'd assume you're fine with it.

When I took Biotin it took about a week for the spots to disappear but it may be different for you.

MemberMember
(@tomato12)

Posted : 02/17/2017 2:56 pm

On 14.2.2017 at 8:36 PM, Malka said:

Biotin isn't exactly guaranteed to give you acne, it just differs from person to person. Have you had a breakout since taking the pill or noticed any pimples popping up? If you haven't had any with that high dosage I'd assume you're fine with it.

When I took Biotin it took about a week for the spots to disappear but it may be different for you.

Since Sunday I get more and ore pimples. I am so frustrated and I really think it's the biotin. My face is looking worse than ever! Hope it calms down fast.

For how long did you take biotin and which dosage?